Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award


1. Thank whoever gave you the award! Thank you to Mic for the award!!
2. Tell 7 things about yourself that readers may not know.
3. Pay it forward by nominating 10 bloggers you’ve recently discovered.
1. My dad was in the Air Force, but I only lived in two states while growing up. North Dakota, then New York, and then back to North Dakota. When I was 20 I moved to Nebraska. I broke the N state living when I followed my DH, then boyfriend, to Maryland.
2. I always dreamed of being a flight attendant. When I was little my aunt was a flight attendant and she was the most incredible person I knew and I wanted to be just like her!! She was beautiful like Barbie and had a glamorous career as a flight attendant flying all over the world and meeting famous people. I fulfilled my dream and was a flight attendant with a local East coast airline, Independence Air, which went bankrupt a few months after I started. When I found myself without a job I ended up in Chicago interviewing with United Airlines and flew for them for a year. Turns out my "glamourous" job wasn't the best for a newlywed. I quit a year later. (But that's why I could pack all that crap in my not so large hospital bag, Mic. Practice. ;) )
3. I have a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice with a Psychology Minor from the University of Nebraska...nope not that one...I'm not a Husker....Omaha, not Lincoln. My plan was to work in the juvenile probation system with a future goal of going to law school when I was 30. While in my last year of college I took a job/internship working with troubled kids. I lasted 3 weeks. The incredible damage that had been done to these kids who weren't even 5 years old was too much for me to handle. When I realized that kids could be irreparably damaged at 5 I knew I stood no chance helping to reform them when they were old enough to be in the juvenile justice system. Of course at that point I was months from graduation so I finished my degree as planned. When I was a flight attendant I talked to plenty of lawyers who were miserable and hated their jobs. Kinda steered me away from that plan as well.
4. If I could go anywhere in the world I would go to Paris. Now you may be asking yourself, didn't she say she worked as a flight attendant? Don't they fly free? Yep. I sure did. And during that entire year I worked for one of the largest airlines in the world, I didn't take one personal International trip. The week my mom, DH, & I were planning to go to Paris I got an awful cold and the doctor said I couldn't fly. I was devastated. I took 3 years of French in high school and 2 years in college in preparation for this trip. I mean I'm not sure why else someone takes French, I've found it's not exactly the most useful language to know. DH broke my heart when he went to Paris for work. Now that he's been he's certainly not in a hurry to go back. >:(
5. When I was a senior in high school I got hit by a bus. I was in my tiny little Geo Storm and got t-boned. The bus hit my passenger side but that ended up being caved into my driver side and when they used the jaws of life to get me out I was on top of what had been the passenger side. My knee broke the key off in the ignition and I hyperextended my ACL. I was torn up pretty bad but thankfully it all healed. Except my memory, that's kinda shotty. I always lose EVERYTHING. My keys, purses, credit card, you name it I lose it.
6. I'm addicted to the internet. Like real addicted. I had to get it on my cell phone because I can't stand to be off it for too long and I can't take my computer everywhere. I have no idea what the heck I did before the internet, but now that I have it I'm always on it.
7. Since going through IF I have decided that I want to change career paths. I plan to stay home until LD's in school, but after that I am interested in becoming an ultrasound tech. I have to go back to school but right now that's what I plan to do.
Instead of awarding this to specific people I want to award it to everyone who reads this. I love these and they are so fun to read, so come on and share a bit about yourself and I'm giving you the Versatile Blogger Award!!
Of course I couldn't leave without:
LD Watch 2010: lower pressure and crampiness continues... (Hoping Mic's prediction is right on and Monday is our day!! ;) )