Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Delayed Gratification...

I have never been one who was a big fan of delayed gratification. In fact, I very rarely, if given the choice, as in NEVER, delay gratification. I've always been this way. Some would say this stems from being a spoiled only child, again with the stereotypes...I don't agree. My most solid piece of evidence to offer against it being my only child status pushing me towards instant gratification is my DH is just as non-gratification delaying as I am, and he's not an only. Together we make quite the team. One of us decides we want something and suddenly we have it, if both of us decide it's like warp speed and we have it. Like in a previous post I mentioned we were probably going to buy a Pilot, but that we were waiting until LD came. Well we've been looking at Pilots more than once since then and I believe if we didn't keep thinking that LD is going to be here tomorrow(and the tomorrow after that and the tomorrow after that), so we won't be able to bring them the check the next day we'd probably have bought one already. That's how it's been during our almost 5 years together. Except when it came to babies. When I was ready to have a baby DH was not. This was basically the first time in my entire life that someone told me I had to wait for what I wanted. Sounds spoiled, I know, but it's true. And I was not happy. I pitched many a fit and even threatened to leave, if the last part didn't sound spoiled I know this part just did. :) Anyway he came around and then we realized that it wasn't going to be as easy for us as sexy time to have a baby. These last 3 years have been a test for both of us. Between heartbreaks and failures, losses and no answers...we've been forced to wait for the one thing we wanted most. Something neither of us was used to. Now here we are less than one week away from our Little Dude's due date and this is the waiting that is turning out to be the hardest. We are so anxious to meet him and hold him and look into his eyes and tell him how he's made every single dream of ours come true. Because he has. He is the answer to all of our prayers and the one thing that proves wishes really do come true. He has already taught us both that the absolute best things in life are worth waiting for, so until LD's ready, we wait away.

LD Watch 2010: contraction here and there...hoping tomorrow's appointment shows all this contraction action has dilated and effaced us even more than we were last week.