I got a Moby wrap and I have to tell you it's awesome!! I put Little Dude in the wrap and went to town getting things picked up in the 30-40 minutes I had between pumping and the next feeding. Anyway the Moby makes it possible to hold Little Dude and still have use of both hands. He slept while I finally unpacked the hospital bag. It's been a week and I finally got around to it. We actually didn't use much out of it. I wore my robe and DH changed his clothes, but other than that labor went so quickly most of it was useless.
The cats are starting to get used to the baby. Or should I say one cat is finally coming around. My big orange cat has been protective/curious since we got home. He will lay right next to us while we feed LD or hold LD. Our little gray cat is freaked out by him, but she's slowly coming around. It dosen't help that her favorite place to hang out is his nursery and when we take him in to change him he can be quite loud depending on whether he's awake before or not. Here's a picture of Riley and LD:
I'm going to google Moby Wrap b/c I'm in the market for something that works well. I'm doing everything one handed this week! LOL.
ReplyDeleteCat and baby photos are THE CUTEST!!! I don't have a cat but my mom does and we hang out there A LOT and the cat seems to like him!
Same here about not really needing the hospital bag :)
Good luck with the lactation lady!
And you are SOO lucky your hubby is taking 3 weeks off! Mine is back to work Monday but he has flex hours sorta so he can work 6 hour days and count it as one day of vacation for the week.
Oh my goodness he looks so tiny and cute in his carrier. Seriously, he's just adorable :)
ReplyDeleteI hope that things start to go better on the BF'ing front for you. I can't imagine keeping the schedule you've had, you've got to be exhausted. And with B leaving for work in 2 weeks I can imagine it'd be hard to keep up with it.
I'm so glad you found the Moby Wrap to be helpful. My cousin has one and she wore her DD for almost a year in it - she loved it so much. I'm a little scared of them but I'm interested in hearing about your experiences a bit more ... maybe I'll warm up to the idea? My biggest fears are that she would suffocate and that my back would ache from the strain on my shoulders. I can't wear shirts with a collar because my shoulders are uneven with my back disorder, so anything "hanging" on my shoulders gives me a horrific migraine.
I've read a bunch of stuff about increasing supply in breastmilk on blogs lately, but you don't need my assvice on that .... especially since what I know about BF'ing could fit a 12oz cup :) but there are some herbs that are supposedly wonderful for increasing supply. You probably know all about them though.
GL hun. I think about you all the time.
I can't believe he's already a week old!I hope the BF starts getting better for you. I can only imagine how exhausting it is trying to keep that schedule up... And the kitty pic is just too cute. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy One Week! :) Time just flies, doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteI LOVE my Moby, even though it took me a while to get it figured out. P is pretty happy in it, too...sometimes. One of our problems is that if I am holding her, she wants to nurse, even if she's not hungry. Soooo...I sometime wait til she's asleep to put her in there so I can get some stuff done. Whatever works, right?
Ditto about the hospital bag...using it and unpacking it. Wish I had known how little I really would need.
GL with the LC. We're now trying 1830mg of Fenugreek three times a day (no, that's not a typo...the mg's really are that high) to try and increase my supply more. There are also Rx's that do that, too...has your LC mentioned any of that to you? If not, ASK. We're not too keen on the prescription idea just yet but have our fingers crossed about the herbs.
Love your cat pic. Our kitties have finally gotten completely adjusted to P...so has the dog. They are super interested in her and it cute to see.
Thinking of you, often! Hugs to you and Little Dude. Take care! :)