Monday, July 5, 2010

38 Weeks...

Today I am 38 weeks pregnant!! Yippee!! We finally packed the hospital bag(don't tell our doula we waited until 38 weeks when she made me promise I'd have it done at 37). I think the contractions I had last night and this morning motivated me to get that bag ready. I woke up, I think because I had to pee, but realized that I was having contractions quite quickly. Not quick contractions, just quickly realized what was happening. They weren't too painful and I actually had no problem falling back to sleep. The last few nights I've been absolutely exhausted by about 8pm. When I say exhausted I mean literally ready to fall asleep where I sit. Whether I had a busy day or not, so I wasn't surprised when I fell right back to sleep. I slept in until DH came in about 11am and asked if I was ok. I was still having a contraction here and there. I've had a dull achy menstrual cramp feeling all day, it gets a little worse now and then. Normally that would freak me out, but I know that it's normal for women to describe that feeling at this point in pregnancy. I find it funny that all the feelings and experiences you were afraid of during pregnancy(cramping, a little blood, etc.), end up being the things you want when waiting for signs of labor.

LD Watch 2010: Very active baby, very tired Mommy, some contractions, crampy feeling all day. Hospital bag for DH & I packed and LD's is all set too. 14 days until his due date...