I CANNOT believe Little Dude is two weeks old today!! Time has flown. At yesterday's appointment we found out he grew 2 inches in 2 weeks and gained nearly 2 pounds. Our little guy is really growing!! Of course with our feeding issues that was reassuring to hear. He's developed quite the personality and isn't afraid to tell us what he likes and what he doesn't like. In a move that helped me feel somewhat better about the whole BFing thing he has rejected all things booblike. The bottles that are supposed to most closely mimic the breast, the pacifiers, so it's not just something he had against mine. Our pediatrician wants us to start tummy time and when he showed us the best way to do it yesterday Little Dude nearly pushed himself right off the table!! He's so strong!! A few days ago when his cord fell off DH gave him his first bath. I really wanted to help, but I had a bad eczema breakout on my hands from using hot water and dish soap to sanitize my pump parts every time I pumped and couldn't get my hands wet, so I supervised. He screamed the whole time so I got to swoop in at the end and be the hero who rescued him from his evil Daddy who made him cry. :)
I promised I would write about our cloth diapering experiences. It's still early in the game but we've used a few different diapers so I will write about those. We put him in Tiny gDiapers from the moment he was born. They've been pretty good but he is a super soaker so it took some time to figure out that at night we needed to stuff them with two flushable inserts. The problem with that is it opens the gussets on the sides so now we have some poopy leak issues during the night. We swaddle him but he turns his head to the side and his body sort of rolls too so that creates the perfect plane for the waste to escape out the leg gusset. We're still fiddling with that. We've also put extra small Bum Genius all in ones on him. His legs are super skinny so they have leg gusset issues right now too. He's not leaking every time he's in either of these diapers and we haven't had any rash issues, so they're working for us for now. I think we'll try the small gDiapers soon, we put them on one day but thought they were still a little too big. Poor skinny legged boy.
Today it's finally cooled down enough we can bring Little Dude outside so we're planning to bring him downtown to walk around and get him out of the house. He's been out of the house a lot lately but we haven't been outside as it's been scorching out. Hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeletePictures please :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you all are having a wonderful time. I'm also requesting pics!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the diaper run-down. I just pulled the trigger on our diaper decision last night. I am just happy to have finally made a decision and ordered something instead of having it hanging over my head anymore.
ReplyDelete