No protein in the urine today, hooray!! I have been trying really hard to stay as hydrated as I can. Blood pressure was good and heart rate was as good as it gets when I'm at the doctor. LD's heart rate was great in the 150's. When she measured the belly she said she thought he'd dropped. The internal exam confirmed LD has indeed dropped!! She said "Oh there's his head!!" She couldn't remember if I was dilated or effaced at the last appointment and I reminded her for 2 appointments I had been 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. She smiled up at me from between my legs and said "You'll be glad to know you're 2cm's dilated and 75% effaced today. You may very well be having a baby this weekend!!" Oh yeah baby!! She absolutely made my day!! Of course no sooner had she said that did she point out that she's not infallible and she could be wrong. Nonetheless she doesn't think we'll have to induce because she doesn't think I'll make it to 41 weeks. That was a huge relief to me.
I've had a few moments since the appointment where it's sunk in that I won't be pregnant for very much longer and I've gotten a little teary eyed. I didn't realize how attached to actually being pregnant I am. I mean he's all mine right now. His kicks and punches, hiccups and movements are all mine. Last night I actually held his foot for a second when he kicked me. It's not a small foot. His dad has big feet and so does his mom so he's destined to be a big footed guy. Soon he'll be outside and I'll have to share him with the world. I'm not great at sharing, my DH calls it only-child syndrome. I think that's a stupid only-child generalization and I'm not a fan of generalizations. I realize that the trade off for sharing him is the fact that I will finally be able to wrap my arms around him and smell his sweet baby smells.
The past few nights I've been watching the previews of my shows for next week's episodes and wondering whether I'll be in labor during this show or that. I've been wondering if LD will be snuggled in my arms watching reality TV with his mom next week. I know my doctor isn't a psychic and things could take a little longer, but we're headed in the right direction, and we're headed there fast!!
LD Watch 2010: 2cm dilated, 75% effaced, Doctor said it's possible we'll be having a baby THIS weekend... :)