Parenting A Fabulous Toddler After A Struggle With Infertility and Pregnancy Loss
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Birth Story Part I...
Yep you read that right. I'm blogging part I on the way to the hospital. I don't want to frget. I'm one of those 10 percent of women whose water breaks before contractions. Funny thing is I was laying in bed last night thinking about how this was going to play out & thought what if my water breaks first? Ah that hardly ever happens and someone else I know just had it happen so it won't happen to me. Couldn't sleep at all last night. Finally fell asleep at about 2. Woke up at 430ish and sat up from my back, immediately felt a little wetness but thought it was pee. Went pee ccrawled back into bed and felt a gush. Woke up my DH & he jumped out of bed, like in the Night Before Christmas when the guy throws open the sash. I made him get me a container so I could check color, it was pink. My mind told me that it should be clear so I freaked. LD was still sleeping too so that also freaked me out. I called the doctor & they wanted me to come in so we are on our way. Contractions have started now but I would describe them as menstrual crampy & not too bad yet. I had wanted to labor at home as long as possible but had not counted on my water breaking first or the feeling of absolutely feeling like we have never done this before & I'm scared!! So prepare yourself. I spent an hour shaking from the sheer fear of it. I'm better now & ready to welcome LD into the world! Last night while I didn't sleep he was having a rock and roll party in my belly & I savored every moment of it wondering if it may be the last time he & I shared a late night party in my body. Next late night party I'm laying him on Daddys belly so he can have a taste of baby party time!! More to come later...(excuse any typos this is done from my Pre which is small for Blogger)