Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sexy Time...

Ok this post may contain TMI, but I'm going to try and keep it pretty general so as long as your mind isn't in the gutter I hope it's not too bad for anyone. My DH texted me from work today to tell me that he's not sure why but apparently when someone's wife is due to have a baby everyone feels the need to tell them that sexy time is the answer to luring the little one out of the womb. Now I have heard this as well and of course to most people it's probably not really a big deal to bust out a little sexy time. To me it's kind of a big deal. First and foremost I DO NOT FEEL SEXY. Yes for the most part during this pregnancy I was in love with my body and all of it's amazing changes and felt real damn good about myself. Now not so much. At some point in the last few weeks I realized that there were parts of me that have been out of sight and out of mind for so long that they have been left to roam wild. At ten months pregnant you have neither the balance nor the skill to tame the wilderness. 'Nuff said. Secondly I'm one of those weirdos who really can't get over the poking the baby in the head business. I mean I know it's impossible, I get that. I mean there's no physical way for this feat to be accomplished, but I still can't get past it. Not only that but the movement of the baby while sexy time is occurring is distracting to me. It interrupts the mood. I know I'm weird and this is probably too much to be sharing, but pregnancy did not put me in sexy time overdrive like it does to some women. At this point I have so much on my mind that I can't even begin to quiet it for sexy time. I recently read a new study that said sexy time really doesn't induce labor anyway, if the time for labor is right then it will happen, sexy time or no sexy time. So thank you to all those who recommend sexy time, even if they don't know me-yes strangers besides my DH co-workers have also suggested a roll in the hay to get things moving, but for now I don't think it's in the cards for me. If I'm still waiting for LD in a week I may be singing a different tune though.

LD Watch 2010: about an hour of contractions during my walk today...the walk brought them on and when I stopped walking they pretty much stopped too :( I couldn't walk forever, they made me tired.