Friday, July 9, 2010

Nesting Nutball...

Today I went a little crazy. I cleaned the whole house because I was afraid I might go into labor soon and I'd have to bring LD home to a pigsty. I vacuumed every nook and cranny I could find. I did all the laundry that was waiting to be done, so that means I did laundry 2x this week and I hate laundry. I even washed the curtains...I've never washed the curtains. I guess I never really thought about washing the curtains until today. Then I HAD to wash the curtains, immediately. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Wash those curtains NOW. In my defense in case people are like, ewww she's never washed her curtains...I've only owned curtains for a little over 2 years. Ok I guess they still should have been washed before today. :) They've been washed now. I finished all of LD's cloth diaper inserts and washed the 2 new muslin security blankets I bought him. Last night DH fastened the changing pad to the changing table. So the nursery changing area is all ready. The mattress I ordered came on Wednesday, but they actually sent the wrong one. They sent their new one sided mattress when I ordered the two sided mattress. Since LD won't be in his crib for at least 6 months we wanted a double sided mattress. So the new mattress won't be here until Tuesday, will LD beat the mattress?

Speaking of the question of when LD will be here I have a little bit of a vent. Imagine that. I want to start by saying we absolutely LOVE our doula!! She's fabulous and we had great prenatal appointments and we're sure she's going to do a fabulous job during labor. That said I have to get something off my chest. I emailed her yesterday with a progress report. This morning she called me and basically the first thing out of her mouth was she's seen plenty of women 2cm 75% effaced at 38 weeks who don't deliver until 40-41 weeks. This is something that I knew. I mean no one can really tell when LD will be here, of course my doctor said it could very well be this weekend, but no one knows for sure. That's how pregnancy is. I. GET. IT. I don't need to be told that over and over again, she keeps reminding us that the average first time mom doesn't deliver until 41 1/2 weeks. I. GET. IT.

Last night was another night of 11-2 rockin' and rollin' in my uterus. It's not so much that I can't sleep when he's moving, it's more there's some pain involved when he's doing whatever he's doing in there. There will be a flurry of movement and then a sharp shooting pain from my bladder to my bum. I assumed he was punching or kicking my bladder, but the doctor said it is his head. So I guess he's headbutting my bladder. Through my pregnancy I haven't had to pee constantly like most preggos. I would only get up once or twice a night, starting about Sunday I now have to get up hourly. The pressure from him dropping has made it imperative that I pee hourly.

LD Watch 2010: crazy nesting and cramping