Today I got together with my "sister", Nicole, and my second Mom. Michelle, my second Mom, made these adorable and delicious cupcakes!! Nicole and I met when we were four. We were both only children and we became best friends quickly. When we were growing up we were two peas in a pod. You couldn't say one of our names without saying the other. It was awesome to have a "sister" who I could get away from by going home, or sending her home, whenever we fought too much!! Our parents were in the military and we got really lucky and lived on the same base until it finally closed when we were twelve. So from four until twelve we grew up together. We were always inseperable, except when we were having little kid fights and we'd take a few hours away from one another. Her mom was like my second mom. Even after we moved away we'd talk on the phone and visit each other during summers. Eventually we both just got too busy and our talks and visits dropped off. We'd talk occasionally and when we did it was like we hadn't missed a beat. When we were 21 Nicole and I went to Vegas together. Boy did we cause some trouble and have a blast in Vegas!! She lives in the DC area too and although we don't get a chance to get together as often as we'd like, when we do it's always a great time!! If I'm not able to provide LD a brother or sister the old fashioned way and adoption doesn't work out for us, I sure hope he has a Nicole too.
Parenting A Fabulous Toddler After A Struggle With Infertility and Pregnancy Loss
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Sunday, Funday...
Today I got together with my "sister", Nicole, and my second Mom. Michelle, my second Mom, made these adorable and delicious cupcakes!! Nicole and I met when we were four. We were both only children and we became best friends quickly. When we were growing up we were two peas in a pod. You couldn't say one of our names without saying the other. It was awesome to have a "sister" who I could get away from by going home, or sending her home, whenever we fought too much!! Our parents were in the military and we got really lucky and lived on the same base until it finally closed when we were twelve. So from four until twelve we grew up together. We were always inseperable, except when we were having little kid fights and we'd take a few hours away from one another. Her mom was like my second mom. Even after we moved away we'd talk on the phone and visit each other during summers. Eventually we both just got too busy and our talks and visits dropped off. We'd talk occasionally and when we did it was like we hadn't missed a beat. When we were 21 Nicole and I went to Vegas together. Boy did we cause some trouble and have a blast in Vegas!! She lives in the DC area too and although we don't get a chance to get together as often as we'd like, when we do it's always a great time!! If I'm not able to provide LD a brother or sister the old fashioned way and adoption doesn't work out for us, I sure hope he has a Nicole too.