Parenting A Fabulous Toddler After A Struggle With Infertility and Pregnancy Loss
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Hot Flashes & Aversions...
LD Watch 2010: The last few days I've suddenly been craving the things I couldn't even stomach thinking about during this pregnancy. All throughout pregnancy I've craved red meat, of course we found out my iron was low about 28 weeks, but I've been craving it throughout. Chicken, which is a normal staple in my diet, has caused my stomach to turn. For the past few days I've wanted chicken. The hardest aversion for my husband to handle has been my absolute, almost throw up just speaking the name, response to Chipotle. Before pregnancy we'd go there 3 times a week quite often, yeah I know I'm a horrible wife. I hate to cook so we eat out A LOT. I'm working on this and I think LD's arrival will also make our dining out habits calm down quite a bit. Anyway I haven't been able to get near there since I've been pregnant. I tried it once and ugh it was not good. Yesterday, I suddenly wanted Chipotle. I didn't trust that it was for real and didn't want a repeat of last time I tried it so we didn't go there, but I'm finally able to think about it and my stomach isn't turning. Is this a sign? Today I also had a few hot flashes. I wasn't doing anything. Just sitting on the couch and suddenly I was sweating up a storm. Again the pressure is increasing down below. I've finally started to put a hospital bag together for myself. I feel weird because I feel like I'm picking a bag that's too big. I feel like I'm going to show up at the hospital and they're going to be like, "Hello you're here to give birth, not go on a cruise." The robe I'm bringing is really big though so it takes up a lot of room in the bag. At least I've finally found a distraction, finding the perfect hospital bag.