Parenting A Fabulous Toddler After A Struggle With Infertility and Pregnancy Loss
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
36 Week Appointment...
I managed to make it almost all the way through my pregnancy without a UTI. I've never had one before but know they are quite common in pregnancy, I thought I had one early on but it was a false alarm. I've got one now though. Luckily I think we caught it early, it hasn't been too painful yet. As usual all my other concerns about aches and pains were met with the standard that's normal. Today I was supposed to switch to Heparin from the Lovenox I've been taking nightly. Of course the pharmacy doesn't have Heparin so I have to go back and pick it up tomorrow or the next day. Supposedly they can reverse the effects of Heparin faster than Lovenox if you go into labor so they prefer once you get to this point you switch shots. Mostly I think it's so they can give you an epidural more safely, but since I don't plan to have an epidural I'm not too concerned. I also have to stop the baby aspirin that I've been taking. It's very scary for me everytime I stop a medication. The last time I had to stop one was at the beginning of the second trimester. The baby aspirin actually crosses the placenta though so LD is experiencing some of the blood thinning effects of the baby aspirin, in order to ensure he doesn't have any issues at delivery it's time to stop the baby aspirin. I had my first almost to the end of pregnancy weekly cervical check today. I am officially 1 centimeter dilated and 50% effaced. One can be a centimeter dilated for weeks, but it was nice to hear that things are physically proceeding as they should be and we're on our way to LD's arrival.