Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Full Circle...

I'm sure my daily habit of posting is getting somewhat annoying since my posts are not real thrilling. However I'm anxious and bored and need to do something to help keep myself sane. Today I had an experience that I just had to share. This pregnancy I've come full circle, it began in a flurry of syringes, needles, vials of medications and belly shots. Although I've been taking Lovenox nightly it comes in a pre-loaded syringe, unlike fertility meds, and really didn't remind me much of the fertility stuff. Today I picked up my Heparin, and can we say flashback??? Although my doctor thought they were pre-loaded syringes, they're not. So the pharmacy tech hands me 2 boxes containing 25 vials each of the Heparin meds. She asks if I have the syringes at home. Uh, no. I mean I'm sure I have some, somewhere from the fertility meds but I put them away and basically forget where they are now. So she gets the pharmacist who writes me another RX for 100 syringes. Yippee!! He tells me they should last a little over a month, I told him I'm only taking the meds 'til I pop so here's hoping that's not quite a month from now. 100 needles cost me more than the Heparin, which I found sort of funny. So now we've come full circle: from the syringes, needles, and vials of Menopur, Lupron, and Follistim to the syringes, needles, and vials of Heparin. Here's what 50 vials of Heparin and 100 syringes with needles look like:
And my cat in the huge, oversized, you take more drugs than an elderly person bag from the pharmacy: