Monday, June 28, 2010

Anytime Now...

Today I am 37 weeks pregnant!! That my friends is full term. According to some people anyway. Apparently just like most things in pregnancy that's open to some interpretation. According to my doctor and most of my weekly pregnancy updates I read we have reached full term. I chuckled to myself this morning reading them because they all said anytime now LD could make his debut, I keep hearing my doula telling me not to get too excited. I'm trying to keep myself busy and not focus too much on how anxious I am to meet him. I'm enjoying the remainder of my pregnancy, however long it may be. I have started doing some exercises on my birth ball to open up my pelvis and help things move along. Here's a 37 week belly shot...the Heparin shots bruise more and leave more marks on my belly than the Lovenox did. They don't hurt at all though, unlike the stingy Lovenox.

Today I also had a consult with a lactation consultant. I'm so invested in this breastfeeding thing. I've read a bunch of books, taken two classes, and now talked to a lactation consultant one on one. She was the first one who raised any flags as far as my potential for success. She suggested I convince my doctor to let me go back on Metformin. There's a risk that I won't be able to keep up a good supply due to PCOS. I view my PCOS diagnosis as somewhat shaky. My fertility clinic seemed to really want to give everyone they saw a diagnosis. So they gave me one of PCOS, without a lot of explanation. When I was seeing an endocrinologist right before my last IVF cycle and I mentioned my doubts he volunteered to test me, but I would have had to be off fertility meds for 6 months, and not pregnant, so that wasn't in the cards. I did take Metformin at the beginning of my pregnancy, I was desperate to take anything that would help us achieve our goal. I'm truly hoping that I won't have any issues due to hormones. After we get home from the hospital the lactation consultant will be visiting our house and we'll also do a follow up in her office again, so if there are any problems we can nip them in the bud quickly.
LD Watch 2010: Not too many new signs the time is nearing. Increased discharge and some more pressure in the nether regions are about all I've noticed lately.