First I want to thank all you wonderful ladies who were worried and reminded me to make sure my TSH was normal. Last check was May 12 and it was 1.63, which is in line with where it's been basically the last 6 months of my pregnancy. Thank you Synthroid!! :) When I first POAS and knew I was preggo I went and had it tested and it was 7.160!! I had never seen it that high, but I had never had it tested while I was pregnant either. I needed to adjust my meds like most pregnant women on thyroid medication. Anyway it's been beautifully controlled all pregnancy and although I've added iron to the mix, at least 6 hours after my Synthroid, I think I've spaced it well enough to avoid complications with my Synthroid. I'd been on it for almost 2 weeks before my last test. Even when it was uncontrolled and I was pregnant, so it must have been crazy high, there wasn't hair loss. During all my IF treatments, except the last, it was uncontrolled and I don't remember hair loss then either so I don't think that's it. I do have an email into my OB just to see what she says. The funniest part is I have been in freak out mode about everything all pregnancy and when I noticed this I didn't even think twice, I assumed it was normal. You ladies made me think twice and I Googled it last night and got mixed results. Some sites say it happens, others say it doesn't. I feel like it's been going on for weeks, my husband says it's been months. I tend to trust him because my pregnant time space continuum is a mess, which brings me to the title of my post...
During my pregnancy I have become the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. I used to be on time to every appointment, meeting, or even the daily schedule I'd set for myself. By on time I mean like half an hour early for everything, at least. I expected that once LD comes and I'm responsible for packing a bag, dressing an infant, and just all out organizing a trip outside the house I would become the constantly late person. At least then I'd have an excuse. But in my case I'm preparing for it as a pregnant lady. I have literally become someone who isn't even bothered really when I realize I'm off schedule and going to be late to something. I feel a little guilt but it's nowhere near what I used to feel if something unexpected happened and I, through no fault of my own, was late to something. Now it is my fault I'm constantly late. I just move slower now and I really don't care.
My last topic is one that I never imagined could be so complicated. Carseats. Oh my goodness have I been stressing to the max about this one. Last April we bought ourselves a Rav4, not one that has a mind of it's own thank goodness, it was the year before the recall. :) We love our truck. During our baby care and CPR class someone was mentioning they had their carseat checked by the police and the policeman had torn out everything they had installed telling them how unsafe the under carseat mat, sunshade, and mirror truly are. All things I'd never thought about, but yeah it makes sense. Apparently the officer told them if they were in an accident and the carseat company found out they had those things in the car they would lose any legal claims they tried to file. Point taken. That night we decided to double check that our carseat would fit in our truck. Out we went to put it in the center backseat. Toyota in their infinite wisdom(aka sheer stupidity), has offset the center seat in the back towards the driver's side. This in turn requires a large buckle and latch where the buckle enters. When installing the seat the buckle and latch are in the beltpath of the carseat base, according to the carseat techs that's a no-no. After some serious research it sounds like there is really no safe way to secure an infant seat into the center of the backseat. :0 Are you serious? I've been reassured by numerous carseat techs that putting it securely on either side is obviously safer than putting it unsecurely into the center, which duh I get that. I don't want it on the side, I want it in the center. That's where I feel safe having it. We do also have a car, but I feel safer in the truck since it's higher up, and the safety rating on the car isn't as good as the truck. It's amazing how little regard you have for yourself, but once you're bringing a child into the world safety ratings actually matter. So I've been driving my husband crazy insisting that I want a new safer vehicle that will allow me to put LD in the middle and not worry as much about crazy nutso drivers. Six weeks is enough time to shop for a new car right?? ;)
In the spirit of some of my crazy ranting and worries I thought I'd share this article I came across on MSNBC last night: 'Helicopter' Parents Make Kids Neurotic
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37493795/ns/health-kids_and_parenting/
I hope I'm not going to be like that...