Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Soundoff...

Today I am tired. Really, really tired. I haven't done too much, ran out to Target, vacuumed a bit, and met with our doula for our last prenatal appointment. Next time we see her we'll be in labor. Whoo hoo!! Of course I shared my anxiousness and my potential signs and symptoms, her response was the average first time mom goes into labor at 41 1/2 weeks. I knew this already. I'm not trying to rush LD out of me. LD will be evicted at 41 weeks anyway per my OB, so if he doesn't decide to come on his own before then he will be coming at 41 weeks. I hope he decides to be ready before then though. I'd rather not be induced. She did seem a little surprised when I shared that I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced at my Tuesday appointment. It's something. My body is moving toward labor, whether it comes in the next 2 weeks or a few more. LD's been quite active today and I swear he's trying to break out of my stomach through the front. I keep telling him he needs to change strategies and head downward, it's the only exit. I'm still eating and sleeping well. Despite sounding like I'm ready for the pregnancy to be over, I'm not really in a hurry. I'm not uncomfortable and for that I am truly thankful. I am ready for LD's arrival, but I am on his timetable and I am more than willing to be patient until he's ready.