Thursday, October 15, 2009

Remembering...

October is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, with October 15 specifically being National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. Today around the country at 7pm people will light candles to remember the babies they have lost. In the spirit of this day I have written a letter to my babies that I'd like to post here. To everyone remembering a little one today, and this month, may they live on forever in your heart.
*************************************************
My Dearest Angels,
Today Sweet Babies is your day. The day you & your little playmates are acknowledged. Today is the day a moment is taken in your honor. Today Sweet Babes is a day that will be no different for me than any other. Little Ones I celebrate you daily. You are celebrated in my every breath, in my every heartbeat. You are my children. Though your lives on this earth were very brief you are here with me daily. You gave me the greatest gift, you made me a mother. Your mother. As your mother I will keep you always as close to me as you were those months I carried you. You were loved the moment you were conceived and you shall be loved forever. Sweet Angels mama celebrates you each and every day. Though sometimes my heart aches I know that you are always with me. I want to thank you. Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for giving me something to celebrate, each and every day, even on the difficult days. Thank you for letting me be your mother.
Love always,
Your Mama

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, Kari...you just made me cry in my cube for the second time today. Thinking of and praying for you today. (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete