Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dancing With Myself

And the dance has begun... An IVF cycle is like a well choreographed dance. Or that's how you hope it goes anyway. In my case I almost missed the begining of the dance, I must've been in the bathroom washing my hands practicing good swine flu avoidance techniques or something. So you'd think at the age of 26 I would have some idea of when my cycle is starting. There's usually some pretty big clues, uh blood is a good indicator. Normally I'm hit with cramps that would bring a lion to his knees, wicked lion mood swings, and then the typical period stuff starts. Just as fiercely as my lion like cycle begins it quietly calms to a lamb like state. All symptoms subside and peace is restored. This month all I got was a little lion cub. I was supposed to call my nurse on the first day of my cycle, but I didn't even think it had begun. After two days of random lion cub symptoms I got suspicious and sent my nurse an email. I guess the big lion won't be visiting this month. I ran and grabbed my dancing shoes and rushed to the dance floor. I barely made it. My first dance partner will be my hormones. Tomorrow morning I have an appointment for bloodwork and an ultrasound. The bloodwork will tell us if the birth control pills and Lupron have suppressed my hormones enough to begin. The ultrasound will also check to make sure we don't have any big cysts. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome so naturally I usually have a cyst, I've been lucky though and they haven't been very big. If everything checks out tomorrow morning the dance with my ovaries will begin.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your appointment! I'll be right behind you this cycle. My u/s and blood work is this Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the analogies that you used. I hope that all is a go tmw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy dancing! Already dancing like nobody's watching over here :-) And I've got bruises to prove it LOL.

    ReplyDelete