Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Ovaries are Delivering...

So this morning we had the first ultrasound and bloodwork since starting the stims. Everything is looking good. We've got 8 follies on the right and 9 follies on the left, with one of those being a cyst. My estrogen level was 241. For those who don't know, as the follicles mature the estrogen levels rise. They rise in a pretty steady fashion and then when they are just about ready to be ovulated the estrogen takes a big jump. My other injectable cycles I've had to decrease the dose of my injectable medications because my estrogen was getting too high too fast, but this cycle my RE is sure she's got my dose figured out. Things are looking good so I think she's got it locked down. I think things are even looking farther along then they usually do at this point, maybe I'll get to do less injections this cycle. I read this week that one of the medications I'm on, Metformin-for PCOS, can improve egg quality so I'm hoping if our eggs need any improving the Met helps this cycle. I'm starting to feel hope. I'm still working hard to maintain positivity, thanks to my positive affirmations recording. This is our cycle. We will be victorious and we will be blessed with baby/ies!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Praying for you! I'm so glad that things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Sending you more positive thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got good news so far. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love that and I'll join you in that mantra. This is our cycle. We will be victorious and be blessed with baby/ies!

    Great news on the number of follies:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad things are going well for you! I'll keep praying :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well horray for things just going right along at a good pace :) Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad that things are going well so far. Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete