Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes...

Last night I had an amazing dream. I don't normally remember my dreams. Last night I dreamed about my daughter. She was real, she was strong, and she was beautiful. I'm sure I've had dreams about being pregnant and a dream or two about having a baby, but this dream was different. I could see my daughter's face. I could feel her. She was a few months old and I was holding her and she felt so real. Her eyes were DH's. I just kept holding her close and telling her how much she was loved. I was trying to find a sweater for her because it was chilly and all I could find was a Build-A-Bear sweater(refer to previous post for details on my Build-A-Bear obsession-although I don't have clothes for them). I told her we weren't sure she was coming so we hadn't bought her a sweater yet. The plot of my dream was not simply us having our child finally, there was more going on. Yet when I woke up I was crying. I've felt this overwhelming sense of peace since waking up. I cry when recounting the dream, but still it's brought me so much peace. I know everything will be ok.

In ultrasound news, today our follies are just on the edge. The tech wasn't able to give us a clearcut answer of whether we'd trigger tonight or tomorrow. Now we wait for the call this afternoon once the bloodwork is back and the doctors have reviewed it. Either we go in for another ultrasound and trigger tomorrow night, or we trigger tonight. Trigger tonight means retrieval Monday, trigger Sunday means retrieval Tuesday. So now we wait...
**UPDATE**Tonight is trigger night. We will have the retrieval Monday if I survive the 1 1/2 inch needle in the upper outer buttock.

5 comments:

  1. I had a very vivid dream the other night that my DH and I had twins. It was such a sweet time for the two of us in my dream as we each just sat there, holding our babies. When I woke up I was sad because I missed the babies. It seemed so real in my dream. I sure hope we are each holding our precious miracles in real life soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post, your dream sounds amazing! I am so glad it brought you some peace. I hope it carries you calmly through the rest of your process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome dream! Happy triggering! You're on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May all your dreams come true (aside from the Build a Bear sweater). I'm glad the dream brought peace to you.

    Don't worry about the trigger shot/needle. It really isn't that bad at all.

    Will continue to pray for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to post to wish you GOOD LUCK today!!! Hope you have a few days of R&R planned... ;-) I'll be praying for you and your embies!

    ReplyDelete