**WARNING**Terribly negative, freaking out, venting going on here. Do not read if you don't want to hear whining. If you just want the facts, strictly the facts, see below.**
So the nurse just called with our first fert report. Of the 14 retrieved 13 were mature. 7 fertilized. Which is worse than our last IVF. We didn't think having 7 fertilize out of 12 mature during our last IVF was a bad thing(IVF Rookies), but at our WTFWW meeting my RE told us that 7/12 was a below average fert rate. She said it could be an egg problem or it could be a sperm problem. ICSI would be the only way to really know. So she recommended ICSI. Then when we were in the midst of this IVF cycle and I mentioned doing ICSI to my nurse, she said your RE didn't recommend ICSI. Guess my RE forgot to add it to my file. I insisted we do the ICSI, hoping it would make a difference. And it didn't. We retrieved one more mature egg and still had 7 fertilize. Our last 7 ended with 1 blast and 2 not-quite blasts that seized on day 6. So I guess that means my eggs are crap. It's not enough that my ovaries suck(PCOS), my uterus kills anything put inside it, now my eggs are crap. 26 years old and my eggs are crap. So the similarities to our last cycle continue to haunt me. Today we have 7 fertilized embryos "doing well". Now we wait for tomorrow's report. Last time we still had 7.
***FACTS***
We had 13 mature eggs, 7 fertilized and are "doing well".
I know 7 is awesome, I know that those 7 embryos are our children and I'm thankful for each and every one of them. I know those 7 embryos have the power to bless me with what I so desperately seek. I just realized this is our 7th ART treatment cycle with our fertility specialists. When I was younger I always told people 7 was my lucky number, not sure why, it seems to be everyone's lucky number. So I'm going to hold onto the hope that these 7 little embryos will continue to thrive, and this 7th treatment cycle will make all my wildest dreams come true, and when I am 20+7 I will finally be recognized as mommy.
Keeping my fingers crossed for that lucky number seven!! From my perspective seven sounds pretty awesome :-)
ReplyDeleteObviously you know this but it only takes one :) Hang in there and I hope you get good news tomorrow. I hope the lucky 7's pull through for you!
ReplyDeleteSending you tons of positive vibes that the only thing in common with last cycle is your fert starting point. I'll be watching for your update tomorrow, fingers crossed that you get rock star results.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! I've always been told that quality is more important than quantity when it comes to IVF. I'll be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteUgh, I'm sorry!
ReplyDelete7 is a very lucky number. I hope this is it for you!
Kari - Sending you great mojo for a continued healthy fert report today~
ReplyDeleteUgh, no more deja vu please!! I'm with you - 7 is my lucky number too - and hoping it will be yours this time around! Fingers are firmly crossed... ;-)
ReplyDeleteI am hoping and praying that you have great quality eggs and this cycle is THE one for you!!
ReplyDelete