Monday, October 26, 2009

Deja Vu and Banshee Kitty...

Our retrieval was scheduled for 8am, so we arrived at the clinic at 6am swimmers in sterile cup in tow. Two IV bags of Gatorade-like fluid later they were finally ready for me, an hour and 15 minutes late, but whose counting? The beauty of anesthesia ensures that I remember absolutely nothing again until they woke me up and told me they got 14 eggs. This produced a sob fest similar to canceling snack time in a daycare full of toddlers. 14 is good, it's great, but it's also the exact SAME number we got last time. Which ended with exactly 1 beautiful blastocyst and 2 not-quite blastocysts that failed to make it to freezing stage. So it was somewhat deja-vu, but it didn't feel like good news. DH keeps reminding me things are different. We're on Metformin, we're on Synthroid, and we did a steady dose of stims so the egg quality will hopefully be better, we're also injecting one single swimmer into each. So from now until tomorrow between noon and 3pm I will be on pins and needles until the nurse calls to tell us how many were mature and how many were fertilized. I know this may sound somewhat terrible, there are women who don't get as many as 14 eggs, I am truly thankful for what we got, just hoping things turn out differently this time. Like we are holding at least one bundle of joy nine months from now.
After a quick stop at IHOP for Nutella Crepes we headed home to sleep. Of course my orange monster kitty can't stand to see me in pain and wants to stay with me. He sat outside our bedroom door and howled for just about the entire 2 hours we were attempting to take a nap. While I love him and enjoy being needed, sometimes I just want a nap!!



9 comments:

  1. I'll be waiting to hear about the little guys (and girls) too. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious kitty photo! Sweet dreams - 14 is GREAT, the only thing it'll have in common with last time is that initial number. Super fert vibes coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is soo cute! 14 is a great number. I can't wait to hear your report tmw. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also superstitious about getting the same stats, etc in repeat cycles. Our last 2 IUIs have been at the same time, I'm going to move this third one by at least a half an hour. I'd also mentally fret over having the same follicle numbers/measurements. So I hope you get different (better) fertilization numbers tomorrow so that you can relax a little bit about the similarities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you! Can't wait to hear your fertilization report!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing numbers and I'm sure this time will be different! Keeping my fingers crossed for an equally amazing fertilization report!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hoping for happy things with your eggs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending prayers and happy thoughts your way! Hopefully that's the last similarity this cycle has with your previous ones... (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, see? Kitteh did get you back for laughing at my poop shirt! :)

    14 eggs is awesome! I can't wait to hear your fertilization report! The tears like toddlers denied recess analogy was just cracked me up!:)

    ReplyDelete