Parenting A Fabulous Toddler After A Struggle With Infertility and Pregnancy Loss
Friday, July 17, 2009
Ouch That Stings
Just when you start to feel like you can smile again, sometimes you get slapped in the face. Today I saw an envelope from our fertility clinic in the mail, I thought to myself I wonder how much money we owe them now. I opened it up and realized what it was. During our IVF cycle they had a paper to keep track of our embryos. We had 14 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized normally, and by transfer day(5 days later), we had 3 still going. Only one was as far along as we were looking for. We had decided in advance we'd only transfer one. Twins sound so amazing, but we decided one at a time was the way for us. Plus we didn't want to leave one all alone to be frozen by itself. We left the other 2 and hoped they would mature enough to be frozen, so we wouldn't have to go through all the shots and surgery if we needed a second try. A week or so later they told us the other two didn't develop enough to be frozen. Our clinic is pretty strict about their requirements for freezing, they want to give people the best chance of success so I understand, but we were still a little disappointed. I figured that was the end if it. Guess not. It was nice of them to send us a reminder that we don't have any frozen embryos. Ugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment