Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Adoption is not the only option...

So I had to take a few days off, I was kind of a mess. I have these episodes when I just totally lose it for days at a time. I want to take some time to express my complete admiration for an amazing group of women who selflessly assist others acheive their dreams. I've been trying to fill my days researching the countless number of ways people become parents. At first thought surrogacy seems kind of foreign and a little insane. I mean someone else carrying your baby for you? Seems weird. Then I took the time to get to know some women who are surrogates, as well as people whose families have been completed through surrogacy. What an amazing gift these women provide!! There is no greater gift that one can give than life. These women carry a little life for 9 months and provide it to people who are unable to acheive that miracle on their own. It's like donating an organ, but being around to see the results. You've given life!! Their friends and family members must be commended too, for supporting these women as they help others acheive their dreams. I am simply moved to tears when I read their stories and provided with peace knowing that there are other options for us if, by chance, we are unable to maintain a pregnancy. The selflessness of the surrogates and their families is simply a beautiful act of humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment