Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sleep Has NEVER Been So Sweet...

Yesterday's post was sort of hard on DH. He isn't extraordinarily uncaring and I know he's doing the best he can to understand the things that I'm going through. He really is. Some of my hurt about his comments was probably colored by my exhaustion, although he's not always completely supportive, he's doing his best. Last night he went above and beyond and for that I am truly thankful. I did go out and buy the allergy medication since it's category B and I only found articles supporting its use during pregnancy, nothing too alarming. The box says it may cause excitability, especially in children. I joked(while being alarmed), that our little one would be moving all over when I tried to find the heartbeat later with the doppler(baby was really all over the place). I took one at 5 and couldn't really tell how it was going to be when I tried to sleep. They only last 4 hours so I planned to take another closer to bedtime. DH graciously offered to sleep in another room to give me a chance to fall asleep in our bed without worrying about disturbing him. I did the Neti pot twice and still had residual congestion but it was mostly clear. I took another allergy pill and hit the hay. Things weren't going so well so I got up to walk around the house. I spied the recliner, which had been suggested to me more than once but I sort of ignored the suggestion. Last night I tried it. It was successful. I slept for hours in the chair and at about 4am transferred back to the bed and slept with no problems until my alarm went off. Tonight I plan to move the recliner into our room and hope that I'm as successful tonight as I was last night. I only plan to use medication in the evening to sleep. I hope I don't have to use it for more than a few days. I never would have successfully slept without DH stepping up and sleeping on our uncomfortable futon. So thank you DH, really and truly, thank you!!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I can't even imagine how cranky I would be if I were 15 weeks pregnant and couldn't sleep!!! Thank goodness the recliner worked, but don't you go moving that recliner yourself. That's a definite easy way for DH to get further back into your good graces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the allergy medication helped :) YAY for success! Also glad the recliner worked too :) I hope tonight continues to give you sweet relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I am sorry you have had such a rough few days! I am glad you finally got some relief. I have had a stuffy nose for the past week as well and it sucks. I hate being a mouth breather when I'm trying to sleep.

    ReplyDelete