I plan to be one of "those"(roll eyes here) moms. I plan to stay at home, cloth diaper, breastfeed, and we plan to co-sleep. Notice I do use plan in front of all my intentions. I realize, oh how I realize, that plans don't always go as expected. I mean we planned to have a baby two years ago, before President Obama got elected. But the baby is on the way and now I'm focusing on the plans that I have for raising this little one. Staying at home stems from the lack of memories I have from my early childhood of my mom and dad, and the plethora of memories I have of babysitters and daycare. It wasn't my parents fault. They did the best they could with what they had. My dad was in the Military and my mom was going to school. So I don't hold it against them but I am in a position to provide something different(not judging or saying better) for my kids and that's what I intend to do. Cloth diapering will be easier because I'll be at home, which allows for all the laundry needed to maintain the system. Breastfeeding because again I'll be home and it's pretty close to free. Co-sleeping was a little harder decision. When I first heard co-sleeping I imagined rolling over onto my baby and squishing it. I learned co-sleepers can actually be placed next to the bed allowing for easier feeding during the nighttime hours. Another bonus is the baby is right there when I wake in the middle of the night and worry they've stopped breathing.
*******************************************************
Today is the due date of our second baby. Mommy & Daddy will always love & miss you angel!!
First: One of our cats looks a lot like yours and he is always doing cute little poses. Love the little guy!
ReplyDeleteSecond: Ahhh!! A crib! That is so awesome!! It makes it so real! I can't wait to get ours.
Third: You and I sound so much alike! I can't WAIT to be a stay-at-home mom! My mom did and can't imagine it any other way. I've heard of these things you can attach to the side of the bed so the baby can sleep right next to you. I am going to look into them. You are brave with the cloth dipers! My mom did it with three of us and it was a lot of laundry, but she always thought it was better for the baby and cheaper!
Yes, the bosses are jerks! Mine is going to kill me before I leave! Or vice versa!! ;O)
That's awesome that you found the crib you wanted! One more thing to check off your list before the baby comes. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you found the *perfect* crib! Was it at that store in Gaithersburg? YAY! If you have a pic of it online do post! Or I guess we can wait until you get the nursery all set up, LOL!
ReplyDeleteThinking of your angel baby tonight.