Parenting A Fabulous Toddler After A Struggle With Infertility and Pregnancy Loss
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Fabulous Fourteen...
Today was our fourteen week appointment. Our NT results came back with the risk factor of a 20 year old, yay!! The doctor pulled out a doppler and immediately checked Baby Bean's heart. We listen every night already. It's gotten so much louder and stronger. After last week's ultrasound this week was a step down in technology. Instead of looking like a miniature person the baby was back to looking a little alien-like. DH says he saw ribs and I saw the second arm today. I thought I'd only been seeing one at every ultrasound and was a little worried, but now I've seen them both. This appointment was our first afternoon appointment and it seemed like the baby was a little less active, I think it's an afternoon rester. The pictures the doctor printed off the ultrasound are a little disturbing. In one the baby's neck isn't visible, just a body and head floating in space. In another the leg looks disconnected. I was definitely disappointed after the amazing pictures from last week. So glad we opted for the first trimester screening now, it gave us the opportunity to see the baby on an awesome machine. Our twenty week anatomy scan is done on a different machine than the one our doctor uses at our monthly appointments so hopefully that will be more like the one they used at our first trimester screening. I truly can't wait until March 1st when we hopefully find out whether it's a boy or a girl. We were considering going to a 3D/4D ultrasound place in Vegas to have a gender scan, we'll be 18 weeks and they guarantee their gender results anytime after 16 weeks. The doctor told us today there's no harm in having one done if we choose to. We thought it would be fun to take my grandparents with us, but I'm sort of nervous about having too many ultrasounds. So we'll have to see if I talk myself back into it. It would only be two weeks earlier than our anatomy scan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay, congratulations! Such a huge hurdle, you much be so relieved. I was wavering on 1T screening (going straight to CVS or amnio) but now you have me wavering, if only for the amazing images! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! It is so awesome to see the little one on the "good" machines. Glad everything is cruising along smoothly!
ReplyDeleteHi! Stumbled across your blog while checking out someone elses. Congrats on your pregnancy. I'm due July 17th!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the NT hurdle!
ReplyDeleteI think it would be fun to let your grandparents share in the 3D/4D ultrasound.