Friday, January 29, 2010

Domestically Useless...

For the last few weeks I've been domestically useless. Not just because lately I've been congested, but in general I just haven't really been in the cleaning mood. I know shock!! Is anyone ever really in a cleaning mood? When we first got married(moved in together-they were literally about 4 months apart) I was a domestic goddess, except for the cooking part(I grew up eating out nearly everyday so cooking isn't my forte). When we had a washer and dryer in our apartment I also loved doing laundry, as soon as we moved and had to share a community laundry my love of laundry has fizzled. Ok maybe I wasn't really a domestic goddess as much as a cleaning fool. I loved to vacuum and couldn't stand to let things get dusty. Fast forward four years, my cleaning mojo has run out. It's probably not good that I burned myself out on cleaning before our little ones have even arrived. Last night I got tired of seeing the cat hair on the rug(note to self:don't buy another dark colored rug, light rugs hide cat hair better) and realized I just really needed to clean the house. Congested or not things couldn't continue in the manner that they had been. Physically I'm actually feeling much better as far as the tugs, pulls, pressure, and stretches I was feeling in my lower abdomen so I really had no excuse not to clean. So I did. DH helped too. We were feeling really motivated after cleaning so we dismantled the futon and moved it out of the "guest bedroom", and converted that room back into its original intent, the nursery. We finally put the crib together and it's so exciting to look in there and see the crib!! The cats also love how much fun it is, like a little cage. Here's a few pictures of it:






In sleeping news, I slept through almost the ENTIRE night last night!! In my own bed!! I didn't even take any medication!! It was fabulous!!




2 comments: