wrong. Couldn't think of a better acronymn for OHSS. This IVF cycle I hadn't been too particularly uncomfortable, in contrast to last cycle. I started drinking the Gatorade before retrieval to hopefully lessen any possible OHSS. It seemed to work. I only had slight bloating. Until last night. Last night I started to have that familiar 6 months pregnant bloating, full, can't see my toes experience. It got worse and worse. I woke up in the middle of the night to excruciating abdomen pain. My belly button is about to turn itself inside out. Now this is sort of a double edged sword. OHSS gets worse if you're pregnant. Could it be that I was relatively OHSS-free until the HCG started to rise in my system triggering full on OHSS? Like some sort of pregnancy test that you don't actually have to take, it takes you. I was too scared to POAS today, it's only 6 days past transfer. So for now, I'll just hope the bloated belly is truly a sign of good news, because it's sure as hell painful.
**UPDATE**My nurse is insisting I come in for a checkup, good and bad. I am scared because they will run a beta like they did last time this happened. I'm PUPO now, after that I could be non-PUPO. Last time the doctor warned that if the result was negative it wouldn't mean anything. But it wasn't. So if it's negative this time it will be hard to hold onto hope that it could be wrong. The part that makes me hopeful is this is exactly the same time I started to feel really awful last time, and I was knocked up. So this has to be a positive sign right? I think my boss is ready to fire me for taking so much time off for doctor's appointments. :(
That, my friend, sounds like good news!! Not comfortable, but good :) Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better, but I hope you don't feel too much better (but only if there's good news involved). ♥
ReplyDeleteI hope that's it!!! But also hope you feel better soon! ;-)
ReplyDeleteMy friend just has severe OHSS last month, which seemed unfair because cases as severe as hers usually only happen when you get a crazy amount of eggs, and she "only" got 13 (an amount I'd kill for!). But, of course, she's pg now, so it wasn't too unfair. ;)
ReplyDeleteOHSS is, unfortunately, a great pregnancy symptom, and HCG definitely makes it worse. My friend's RE had her doing HCG shots during the 2WW, along with progesterone (I can't remember the rationale behind this, my RE doesn't do it), so of course it was exacerbated the OHSS. I hope your OHSS doesn't turn out too severe and you don't need any aspiration. But lady, to me it definitely sounds like you're preggo eggo!
I am so sorry that you are feeling horrible. But, I am very hopeful that this is a good sign!
ReplyDeleteUgh, to know or not to know...or in our case...also to know maybe/maybe not. That is the problem with testing early! I really hope your discomfort gets better but I hope it IS a good sign. I hope you'll soon know this is all totally worth it.
ReplyDelete