Parenting A Fabulous Toddler After A Struggle With Infertility and Pregnancy Loss
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Different Doctors, Different Styles
The ultrasound confirmed a mild-moderate case of OHSS, pretty much same as last time. My right ovary is 9x3 and my left was a little smaller, not much though. The doctor wasn't interested in running any labs so no beta today. This development was a relief and a disappointment at the same time. On one hand I wasn't ready for bad news, on the other what if it had been good news? Last time the doctor ran a bevy of labs & threw in a beta for good measure. This doctor had a different style. DH leaves Monday afternoon and has requested a pee test tomorrow or Monday, so there will be a preliminary test soon I guess. I'm supposed to monitor my condition and if I can't breathe or stop peeing head to the nearest emergency room. Heres hoping big ol ovaries and lakes of fluid in the abdomen bode for a BFP!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Take care of yourself...thinking about you!
ReplyDeleteUGH - I'm so so sorry about the OHSS but I hope you can at least get a BFP for your trouble :)
ReplyDeleteI see you live in DC. Do you go to SGFC by any chance? Just wondering ... I'm in NoVa.
Fingers crossed for a positive pee stick!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt has to be that wonderful pregnancy sign! I'm bettin' on it! :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. you're killing me over here...hope everything is alright!!
ReplyDelete