Parenting A Fabulous Toddler After A Struggle With Infertility and Pregnancy Loss
Friday, December 4, 2009
The Pink Elephant...
This morning while waiting for the RE to come in the room for our ultrasound I told DH that he and I need to stop behaving as if Baby Bean is the pink elephant in the room. We both know I'm pregnant, we are both filled with so much joy, so much hope, but when we are together we act as though there's a pink elephant in the room. We don't discuss Baby Bean. We hardly mention that I'm even pregnant. I think subconsciously we both feel like if we don't speak the words out loud, if we don't mention Baby Bean or my being pregnant, whatever robbed us of our other two babies won't realize we're pregnant and can't take this one too. Silly I know. But when you lose two babies and no one can tell you why, you become a little crazy. Baby Bean is 7 weeks 4 days today, measuring right on track at 7 weeks 4 days. Strong heartbeat at 162bpm. Our next appointment is with my OB next Thursday. Other than feeling more tired than usual, occasional nausea(mostly when I have an empty stomach), and feeling famished constantly I've been feeling pretty good. I had another dream last night about the baby. I could feel her chubby little body in my arms. She felt so real. I'm now convinced we're having a girl. I keep wanting to use feminine pronouns when describing the baby, but my intuition isn't 100% so for now I'll refrain. Whether little Baby Bean is a boy or a girl doesn't matter to me, I just want a healthy little baby in July!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so happy to hear everything is right on track. I don't blame you for being cautious, I just wish you didn't have to feel that way.
ReplyDeleteHoping and praying for a healthy baby bean being born in July :)
I am so happy that your appointment went so well.
ReplyDeleteJuly will be here before you know it!
Kari - I bet is is continually reassuring that Baby Bean is measuring right on schedule. I can imagine although you guys are thrilled, your probably excited to get your hopes up.
ReplyDeleteI know we feel that way right now and I can't relate to having angel babies so I can't imagine how stressful and happy you must be at the same.
I think of you so often and I continue to wish for a very happy and healthy pregnancy for you!
It is so hard. I don't mind talking about being pregnant because it is right now. It is what I am right now. But I really don't like to talk about "when the baby comes" or "next Christmas will be this way because the baby will be here", etc. It makes me so uncomfortable like we may jinx it. I really wish I could just be sublimely happy like naive fertiles. I wish you and I both could. But we'll take it one day at a time and I wish nothing but the best for both our little July babies!!
ReplyDelete