Parenting A Fabulous Toddler After A Struggle With Infertility and Pregnancy Loss
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Beautiful Morning...
This morning we saw Baby Bean again. Strong heartbeat, perfectly roomy gestational sac, and reassurance from the OB that I shouldn't worry about not having morning sickness. She didn't want to see me again for four weeks, after weekly u/s's there is no way I can wait four weeks!! Luckily I have my last u/s with my RE on Monday. My OB agreed to see me the week of Christmas too, I'll be 10 weeks then, farther than we've ever been. The OB bombarded us with information regarding screening that we can do in the first and second trimester. She seemed shocked that we hadn't previously discussed it and decided how we feel about it. I told her we're taking this pregnancy one day at a time, especially during the first trimester. She told us the due date is July 20, then July 22, and finally she settled on July 24. So for now we're taking things a day at a time, and those days continue to be wonderfully blessed!! DH is disappointed he won't be at the next two u/s's but during the holiday season you don't have many options for appointments. DH feels guilty and like we're cheating on the RE because we went to see the OB before she technically released us. The RE was worried we would have to wait a while for an appointment with the OB so told us she'd see us once more. Turns out I could see my OB before I could get in for my last u/s with the RE, and hey will a pregnant woman turn down the chance to see her baby???? Heck no. At this point if I could have an u/s machine at home, I'd be making DH wand me daily. He's an expert now. He can identify baby parts like an expert!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh wow! I'm so glad you got to see baby bean again! Way to go with working the system - I say good for you! The more ultrasounds you can get, the better.
ReplyDeleteWe interviewed an OB in Stafford today b/c we aren't sure where we want to deliver (in Stafford or in Fairfax) and she told me she only does one u/s during the pregnancy - at 20weeks. I nearly had a meltdown. So needless to say I am going to have to find a new OBGYN.
Yay for seeing baby bean again and having good vibes!