Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tiny Dancer...

A wonderful Christmas miracle was bestowed upon us this morning. This morning we had our ultrasound and DH was able to attend due to a last minute schedule change at work. Our little tiny dancer really put on a show for us this morning. Baby Bean was dancing and flipping. Little legs kicking and there was even a wave to mom and dad. My OB let us watch the show for quite a while. What an amazing Christmas present!! This will be a Christmas I will always remember, and there's nothing I wanted more for Christmas!! Our next ultrasound will be January 11, 2010. That is also the end of our first trimester. I'm still feeling well, aside from being really tired all the time. After seeing our little one moving away in there I know why I'm so tired. I'm not ingesting any caffeine but you wouldn't know that from watching the Baby Bean Show. It's weird to watch your little one Baby Jazzercizing away but feel absolutely nothing. I can't wait until I start to feel movement.

Our ultrasound to determine gender is March 1. DH just recently told me he's not so sure he wants to find out the big news. I guess he's decided he'd like to be surprised. I'm not into surprises. Since we're stuck in a battle to name a boy I would especially like to find out. I never questioned whether we'd find out of not, but I never asked DH either. Oops. So I'll be going to the March 1 appointment, if he decides the suspense is killing him I guess he'll tag along too. I'm not a good secret keeper either, so if he doesn't go I may accidentally spill the beans anyway. He's convinced it's a boy, there have been no female babies in his family for a hundred million years or something so he feels sure it's a boy. My dreams were all so vivid and realistic that it's a girl so I'm convinced it's a girl. In our relationship he's right more than I am(I can't believe I just wrote that), I hope he doesn't read this. If it sounds like either of us is set on one or the other that's not correct, we just want a healthy baby.

I want to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season!! May all your holiday wishes come true!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the wonderful Christmas ultrasound! My husband doesn't want to find out with this little one either, but I definitely am! We will have to figure out how I will hide it. (I'm being optimistic here - I'm a bit behind you and waiting to confirm a heartbeat!) Take care, and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I'm so happy for you Kari! You got to see baby bean dancing? I bet that was an amazing and surreal experience :) Did you get pictures??? Also, what week are you now? I'm figuring you at around 10 weeks but my math skills suck, haha!

    As for the gender reveal - I have the exact opposite problem. I don't want to find out and my DH is hell bent on knowing the sex. And, we have a boy name but I cannot, for the life of me, pick a girl name ... and we're pretty sure it's a girl since there hasn't been any boys in this generation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news! Tell DH that it will be a surprise on the day of the ultrasound! So you still get a surprise but can plan and pick colors too! So glad everything is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm so happy for you, that sounds like such a great appt! I'm like you, I want to know the gender asap. I've waited this long for a baby, I want to all details ASAP! ;) We actually have agreed on a boy name but can't agree on a girl's, so we'll need that time should I ever get pg again. Have a great holiday and Jan 11th and your next peek will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great early Christmas present! I know there's no way that I will be able to wait any longer than absolutely necessary to find out the sex. I will be chomping at the bit to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful Christmas present! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete