Monday, December 14, 2009

Uncharted Territory...

Today I am pleased to announce we have officially entered uncharted territory & I love it!! This morning Baby Bean is 9 weeks old, and is measuring ahead of schedule at 9w1d. The gestational sac is measuring right on track at 9w2d and Baby Bean's heart rate is 169bpm. I was "officially" released from my RE today with much fanfare from the RE, nurses, & the sweet ultrasound tech. Mostly I'm sure they will be glad to be done with my million questions. I managed not to mention I had cheated on them with my OB, good thing DH wasn't there. He would have spilled the beans for sure. Poor guy has such a guilty conscience about it. This is a huge hurdle for us as we've never been this far before. I'm celebrating today and cherishing each moment of this pregnancy. We are still taking it day by day but each of the days now involve more breaths and more calm moments. Next time Baby Bean debuts on an ultrasound screen is Christmas Eve Eve morning. Ever since I was little I've called December 23 Christmas Eve Eve. Don't ask me why, I'm weird that's all I can figure. I feel bad for Dec 23, the 24th gets recognition, why shouldn't the 23rd get to participate too? Of course with that argument everyday should get some sort of special title.

On a totally off topic note, DH and I have no patience. We celebrated Christmas last week. My gift had been sitting under the tree for about a week with DH egging me on trying to get me to open it just about daily. Thursday we picked up his gift from FedEx and I told him to go ahead and open it. I can't keep a secret so I knew I'd tell him what it was. I told him our poor kids are going to have to celebrate Christmas whatever day we decide to go Christmas shopping because we have no patience. Guess we'll have to go out with all the other last minute shoppers on Christmas Eve and do our Christmas shopping for the kids!! :)

8 comments:

  1. Aw, Kari, I'm SO happy for you!!! I have the exact same threshold, have never made it to 9 weeks, so hearing that you've passed that hurdle is especially poignant (in a good way!) for me! What a lovely Christmas season for you and DH, it's just awesome. I hope you both loved your gifts!

    And that Christmas Eve Eve things cracks me up, that's so the type of things I'd do! My DH always teases me for anthropomorphizing things - like I get jealous of my clothes for getting to take free vacations with me when they just sit around doing nothing ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sweetie, I'm so very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you!! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so happy for you! Continued prayers and blessings for your sweet little one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats, hope everthing continues to go smoothly!

    so.....what was under the tree for you this year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kari - I'm so thrilled for you! Getting to this point is such a big deal and I'm excited that you are able to celebrate this milestone. Also, congratulations on "graduating" from SGFC :) That is a big deal! You've got a strong bean in there!

    ... how are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO happy for you guys - you are constantly in my thoughts - lots of prayers being sent your way for continued uncharted territory!!

    Jeannine

    ReplyDelete