Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Year Ago and Some Changes...

A year ago this afternoon I peed on a stick. I didn't want to do it. It had only been eight days since our embryo transfer and I was too afraid to know the result. I was afraid of a negative test, but I was even more terrified of a positive test. DH was going to Asia and wouldn't be home for my beta so I broke down and took the test. It's ironic because DH is currently on his way back from Asia and my mom was here last year and she's here again this year as well. LD was here both times too. This year he's much bigger and much more active though!! :) Oh and we can see him. The fear that began as that second line appeared followed me throughout my pregnancy. There's still some vestigages of it, but it's no longer as all encompassing as it was when it began a year ago.

A few of my fellow bloggers have recently addressed the issue of privacy. I have always planned to stop posting pictures on my blog when LD is a little older. I never thought much about his name being posted online, but with the recent talk of privacy at other blogs I started to feel like removing LD's name is probably a good idea. I made some changes and removed comments that had his name, so if you notice a comment of yours is missing that would be why. From here on out Little Dude will be LD or Little Dude. Thanks for understanding!! :)

In totally fun news in our household, we just booked LD's first official vacation!! I'll give you a hint...M...I...C...K...E...Y...M...O...U...S...E...!!!! Yes, I used to be one of those people who said why the hell would you bring an infant to Walt Disney World. Then I had one. Now I know. DH was begging for a nice warm vacation spot this winter and Mexico had too many logisitical issues. Starting with the water. I wasn't exactly comfortable with the cleanliness in the Caribbean while he's bottle fed either. So Florida it is. I did a little research and found quite a few articles about taking infants to WDW so we decided to go for it. Plus we're taking the grandparents so we'll be able to ride our favorite rides as well. Babies can actually ride any ride without a height restriction, which is a lot of rides at Disney. I don't think I could be anymore excited if I won the lottery!!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Disney World! Have lots of fun with LD and take lots of pics so later you can show him you already took him on a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference a year makes! A year ago today I was heading to the ER...

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Wow, how much can change in a year, huh? I'm so very happy for you, B and LD. It's so exciting to thing that just a year ago your little man was just a bunch of cells, forming and creating :)

    I totally understand the privacy thing, you just never know who is reading along. I've received a barrage of emails from people who claim to read along and they call themselves lurkers. While I love knowing that my story is interesting to people, it has royally freaked me out that these people whom I've never connected with on the blogosphere, are such an intimate part of my life. Eeek!

    Your WDW trip sounds perfect, and I know that you all will have many wonderful memories to share with LD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 1 year! Crazy to think about the babies being in our lives for 1 year already!

    A winter vacation sounds GLORIOUS!! I never considered that since I've never been able to leave home in the winter but you just started the wheels in my head to turn....

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for all the awesomeness of the past year! :) I totally see the appeal of taking LD to Disney...it is such a magical place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome year! :) Disney is going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete