Monday, November 15, 2010

Daylight Savings Time...

If anyone has any fabulous tips for helping with bed time transitions from daylight savings time, please share. LD is now going to bed at 6pm because daylight savings time screwed up his bedtime. We've tried to keep him up a few extra minutes each night but it seems like his bedtime is actually getting earlier not later. He gets incredibly fussy and practically begs us to put him down. Not looking forward to travel that's going to take us to a time zone two hours different. A four o clock bedtime just doesn't sound good.

6 comments:

  1. I've taken my kids to a timezone 3 hours behind, and not really had a problem. Maybe try to put him down for a later nap? That might help him stay up a little longer at night. Time change sucks- with my kids, it was always spring forward that wreaked havoc on our schedule for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No advice here, just commiseration. K is going down at 6:30 (begging us as well, or just falling dead asleep in our arms, swing, pack 'n play) and now waking up at 4:30 or 5:30 instead of 5:30-6:30. It's killing me. And we've tried the whole keeping her up a few min later each day. It doesn't work for babies as young as ours. I'm afriad we're just going to have to wait it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He just wants to party with mommy in wee morning hours!

    Sorry, I have no advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate daylight savings time. :( In Indiana, they voted not to have it. I wish we could vote for that here in Texas, too! It sucks.
    I love the photo christmas cards! What a cool idea! And they're really great prices, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nooo idea! Blaine goes to bed at 6 somedays and at 8 other days, I just read his clues. Sounds like LD is the same way but his clues at at 6 all the time. eek. What time does he get up then in the morning?

    P.S. Indiana DOES switch times now. My Indiana friend used to be "with us" half the year and "an hour off" the other half but now they match us all year long.

    and P.P.S. Why would anyone hate daylight savings time? Getting dark at 5 pm is NOT FUN. I vote for daylight savings time ALL YEAR LOOOONG!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I have no tips, but you have my sympathy. I was very glad that L was going to bed at 9-10 before the DST switch because it actually worked to our advantage and now I have a little more "time to myself" (to run around the house getting sh*t done) in the evening.

    ReplyDelete