Parenting A Fabulous Toddler After A Struggle With Infertility and Pregnancy Loss
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Four Months...
Today Little Dude is four months old. These four months have been such a whirlwind!! He's gotten so big and changed in so many ways it truly blows my mind. In a testament to how big he's gotten I picked up my 14lb cat the other day and thought we'd forgotten to feed him for months, but I soon realized LD has just finally gotten heavier than the cat. He hasn't been weighed since his 3 month appointment so we don't really have any idea how much he weighs, but judging by his thunder thighs and chunky little arms he's had no problem putting on weight over the last month. :) A few weeks ago he started rolling over and he continues to get where he wants to go by scooting. During the last month he's also become a drool fountain. I seriously wonder how he doesn't dehydrate each and every day he drools so much!! Previously we had a stash of bibs we assumed would probably go unused because he's a pretty tidy eater and doesn't spit up, since the drooling began we sometimes go through a bib in 10 minutes!! It's apparently a sign of pre-teething so we're just bracing ourselves for when the big event begins. He's showing no signs of interest in solids, which is more than fine by me because I plan to delay those until at least six months anyway. His sleeping habits sort of seem to be working themselves out these last two nights. He's still asking to go to bed around six or six thirty at night but instead of waking up to eat multiple times during the night he has started waking up around six or seven in the morning again. As long as he's sleeping through the night I have no problem with him going to bed in the early evening. He's not a real big napper, he'll take a few catnaps of about fifteen or twenty minutes during the day but if you try to force any other type of nap on him it's a complete failure. He doesn't want to nap in the bedroom either, he has to be in the same room that you're in. Anything else results in a complete meltdown. He still continues to be quite the chatterbox. His four month appointment is Friday so I'll update then with his four month stats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
cute picture! he's really changing his looks! i cant believe he doesnt wake up for 12 straight hours; you are REALLY lucky! i mean really lucky :)
ReplyDeletehappy 4 months LD and family!
That's awesome he is sleeping that well. I am very, very jealous! My L also just takes little catnaps in the same room as us and other nap attempts are also big fails! It would help everyone if he made up for it by sleeping all night though! Great pic; he looks healthy and happy
ReplyDeleteLD is just too cute! I can't believe he's already 4 months! :)
ReplyDeletewhat a great picture! Yes, he's changed so much!
ReplyDeleteThe drooling, the rolling, the chattering... I can tell we have babies the same age! Glad all is well with LD! He is so cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy 4 months!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe he's getting so big! And he's sleeping like a champ! Four months just flew by! :)
ReplyDelete