Parenting A Fabulous Toddler After A Struggle With Infertility and Pregnancy Loss
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Third Trimester Stressors...
When I wrote my last post about full term-ness being our next big milestone I forgot about the third trimester milestone. This week we officially started the third trimester!! Woo hoo!! This kid spends a lot of time kicking the crap out of me and I love every minute of it!! :) Of course he has his periods of rest, times when I freak out because I expect him to be moving every minute of every day. The kid has to sleep too, I know, but I need him to do a little more flailing in his sleep. He is a frequent hiccuper. It makes me laugh, but like any good neurotic pregnant woman I was afraid he was doing it too much. My OB reassured me it's normal. Yesterday during the ultrasound he was sucking his thumb. While almost too cute to stand I worry about that because, well who am I kidding I worry about everything, but his mom sucked her thumb until she was 12. She also had a blanket until just about college. :) Can we say attachment issues? Yesterday was the glucose tolerance test. Have to admit the orange soda drink floated my boat. LD seemed to like it too. My results however have put a hole in my boat. I'm going to have to start bailing quickly. I didn't fail. However I'm not comfortable with the results. My doctor is apparently. The nurse is apparently. But I'm not. As usual. I'm the one who has a problem with things. I got a 137. My doctor feels anything under 140 is a pass. I'm almost at 140. Some offices the cut off is 135 and some it's 130, there I would have failed. Soooo I guess it's time to change my ways. Healthier diet, exercise, things I swore I'd do if I could just stay pregnant. Well here I am. Third trimester, less than 3 months 'til LD is due(about 3 months exactly if he's overdue). Lifestyle basically unaltered. Except I haven't had a diet Pepsi Super Big Gulp with a squirt of cherry flavor additive since August or September 2009. That's a big deal, but not good enough. So cakes, cupcakes, ice cream, sugary treats so long. But hey it's only three months, right? And maybe, just maybe I'll decide a new healthier eating lifestyle is a good idea to infinity and beyond. My DH would like that. He's a healthy eater. You'd think some of it could rub off on me. No chance, didn't happen. My iron levels were low too. That's the simple fix, 2 extra vitamins a day. This one I saw coming and tried to get tested for earlier, but what's done is done. Now to figure out how to time all the many, many, many medications I am now taking. :) You can't take X with Y and Z has to be taken Q hours after X but R hours after Z. Good thing I have a lot of time on my hands. I read some comments a few women made on a Facebook site I'm a fan of regarding how overdue they actually were. Some of these women were 2 or 3 weeks overdue!! Are you kidding me??? I've been waiting so long for this little guy to be here 2-3 weeks more than 40 would make me crazy!! So I asked my doctor yesterday and she said if I haven't delivered by 41 weeks I'd be induced, LD should be here by 41w 3d at the latest. July 29. Her guess is he'll be in the 7 pound range, unless according to her I pack on 50 pounds in the next few months. Hopefully healthier eating will prevent that.