Friday, April 16, 2010

We're All on the Same Page...

Today was our 26 week appointment. LD was in there stretching his little legs out, my doctor laughed and said he won't have room to be doing that soon!! He's looking great and we've made it to the time when we will be going to appointments every two weeks. At 36 weeks we'll start going in weekly. If he is born around his due date we only have 8-9 appointments left!! It completely blows my mind!! Speaking of LD's due date I finally asked my doc what was up with the three different due dates we've been given. She said when she measured him in the beginning he was growing on track with a July 20th due date, so if my RE told me July 19th she would agree that the 19th is probably correct. His 20 week anatomy scan he measured with a July 12th due date, but my OB said as the pregnancy progresses the measurements aren't as accurate. So in the OB's files LD now is officially due on July 19th, which is what we've always told people anyway. We're all on the same page. DH was happy to again confirm his son is indeed his son. Not that we have any reason to believe otherwise, but during the ultrasound DH said he clearly saw that LD is indeed still an appropriate name for this little one. He's every bit the proud daddy!! :) Next visit is the dreaded glucose test to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. I'm not sure why it's dreaded but it seems a lot of pregnant ladies I've talked to really dread this. I'm not really dreading it, but maybe I should be...my OB said I get to drink some orange soda like stuff, wait an hour, and then they draw blood. I haven't had soda since before my last IVF, think August or September of last year. Of course I realize it won't be carbonated and there's no caffeine but hey I like flat orange soda!! ;) Of course if the test comes back with bad news I can understand why it would be dreaded. Here's hoping for good results!!