Sunday, April 11, 2010

Double Digits Baby...

Today marks 99 days until my little man is due!! I am so EXCITED!! That extra digit on the front just made it seem like soooo much longer so I'm totally stoked to see it drop off!! :) In honor of the double digit mark I decided to share a belly pic. No more squinting to see that belly bump. It's right there front and center. :)

This morning LD woke me up with what I believe was a fist above the belly button. He's been in a transverse lie, stretched out across my uterus from left to right, so I think the only possible thing it could have been is a fist. :) That's the first time I've really felt him that high. I've been waiting for those famous rib kicks everyone keeps warning me about but he moves around pretty low in there. I get plenty of kicks to the pubic bone, but so far no rib action. In the last day or so I feel like my belly is inching higher. I'm getting a little heartburn every now and then. Hard to say if breathing is being impacted, I wasn't exactly in the best of physical shape before getting pregnant. I'm lazy and working out isn't exactly in my vocabulary so my lung capacity has always been pretty poor.

This week was my first week as a stay at home mom. This week was also a heat wave of epic proportions here in DC. It was about 85 degrees almost everyday. We live in a condo. That is bad news during a heat wave. They aren't allowed, by law, to turn on the air conditioning until May 15. You never know when DC will get one of those April blizzards(insert sarcasm here). Needless to say our thermostat edged closer and closer to 90 degrees with each passing day. So I didn't accomplish too awful much this week. The heat has subsided and I'm hoping it stays away until the a/c gets switched on, which by the way didn't happen until June last year. :( Did I mention our condo is also very old and every time they try to mess with the heating and cooling system pipes break? And take FOREVER to fix? Incubating a child in a 90 degree house, not too comfortable. So I'm hoping the pipes cooperate and the air flows cool right around the 15th of May. I'm also hoping I'm a little more productive this week than I was last week, because 99 days is not a whole heck of a long time to get things done!! :)