Monday, March 1, 2010

Hip-hip-hooray...

for HALFWAY!! Today is 20 weeks, and fittingly we had our 20 week anatomy scan this morning. LD is looking so amazing!! Unfortunately we have to wait for the ultrasound's to be read by my doctor(they're performed by a tech), who knows when...our next appointment is March 18 so I would imagine that would be the latest we'll hear back. He is measuring a over a week ahead in almost every measurement she took. He was a complete mover the entire time. It took over an hour for her to get the 80 images she took. It didn't help that I just about passed out... TWICE because the pressure from the baby was cutting off the oxygenated blood flow to my brain. Now I know why you have to sleep on your left side. He wasn't too keen on the sitting still for measurements but the tech was persistent and got what she needed. I admire ultrasound techs for their level of knowledge. I certainly would have had no idea what most of the stuff we were looking at was if she didn't tell me!! Kidneys, bladder, parts of his brain...it's amazing what they can see. I have the ultrasound my mom had done of me and it seems so archaic compared to what we've gotten of LD. The technological advances in the last 20 years are amazing. I am so excited we are halfway today and we got to spend so much time looking at our little boy this morning!! From what our untrained eyes could see he seems complete. The major things I was worried about seem well developed. His estimated weight today was 13 ounces.





As you can tell we decided on a name. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.