Last Thursday's visit brought more than just the revelation that our little
Thumper is our little boy. I also found out that so far during this pregnancy I've gained ten pounds. Sounds like nothing compared to the thirty-five or so that I'm determined to gain. I also addressed my "bump envy" with the doctor. It's not really bump envy so much as I want to smack the crap out of everyone who questions my size, though I do stare at other women's bumps and wonder how far along they are. "
You're 18 weeks pregnant?" "Looks like you're pretty small to me." I'm so tired of it. My doctor assured me that because of my
pre-pregnancy build she doesn't expect me to pop until 26 weeks or so. I've decided to spare everyone the boring progression shots of my belly. No one but DH & I see the bump anyway. I do want to share a cute shot of my big orange fur baby Riley bonding with his new little brother the other night. It's just
toooo cute not to share. I know, I know moms always think their kids are cute, even when no one else does, but it's my blog and I'm sharing it.

The cute moment didn't last a whole lot longer than this because he got tired of being kicked in the head. I don't have the faintest idea why, who wouldn't want to get kicked by their pillow?
We are still embattled in the name issue. DH & I are kind of sensitive. DH is very worried about choosing a name that ensures no teasing will ensue. I say kids will be kids and if they don't tease you about your name they'll find something else to tease you about, right? Not to sound cruel or heartless. I mean I certainly won't pick a name that lends itself to teasing, knowingly anyway. We're also worried maybe people don't like either name and they are just too polite to tell us!! The old poll crashed so I had to put a new one up. I decided that in an effort to allow for more honesty I would put the option of neither name and there were a few people who said they liked both, although we weren't sure if those were some of the people who were trying to be polite, so I let both be a choice too. Take a second to let us know how you feel.