Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sin City with a Kickboxing Champion & Surprise!!....

Our Vegas vaca was just what the doctor ordered. It was wonderful!! Sun, warmth, Cirque... It was in the upper 60's everyday we were there. We ended up seeing O and Mystere. I had read and been told that O was must see. It actually turned out not to be our favorite. We are more into the acrobatics, contortionists, and stunts of Cirque. O seemed to be more choreographed swimming and dance. It was entertaining, don't get me wrong, but we were much more into Mystere. I would recommend that anyone with the chance to see Mystere see it. Also I'll warn that I bought the tickets a few weeks ahead of time, but when we went to Treasure Island to pick them up we were given a buy 1 get 1 free coupon for Mystere tickets as we walked in the door. I was a little bummed since I'd bought our tickets already. Luckily they allowed me to return my tickets, minus a service charge, and buy closer, better seats for less!! The coupons were good through the end of March, but I got the feeling they always have a coupon. We aren't really into gambling so we both only put $1 each into the slots. During the trip Thumper was much more active than even before. Kicking all the time. On our birthday we even saw the little kicks through my belly. So amazing!! My dad told me that since the baby was kicking all the time it must be a boy. Guess he's starting his own old husband's tales. It's funny because the only kid he has is me so he doesn't have any experience with women pregnant with boys. It's nice to be home and sleep in my own bed though. The cats seem happy to see us, but were well taken care of in our absence.

Today we had our 18 week OB appointment. During the ultrasound DH asked the doctor if by chance she'd be able to tell us the baby's gender or at least give us a guess. The doctor flashed between the legs and she and DH immediately knew our little one is a boy!! I didn't see anything, I'm awful at reading ultrasounds, still, even after all this infertility stuff. So the doctor again took a shot between the legs to show me the baby's goods. She even drew a big arrow to point out what I couldn't seem to see on my own. I saw it then. We weren't expecting her to be able to tell us today so that was a wonderful surprise!! Boys run in DH's family so he knew all along this was our little boy. We are so absolutely filled with joy!!