Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Adventures of Thumper in Snowmageddon 2010...

It's snowing again. Ugh. I HATE snow. A lot. Although today I finally got a snow day!! My DH has been on snow days since Friday of last week. :( I was jealous, especially since I hate my darn job a bunch. My days there are numbered and that makes it harder and harder to pretend I enjoy it. I feel really bad because we've had a whole bunch of snow this year and I've been utterly useless to DH in helping to clean it up. My doc put me on a restriction and doesn't want me lifting anything greater than 10 pounds. Since we don't have a shovel our converted old trashcan shovel is our only snow removal gear. When you put snow in it it certainly weighs very near 10 pounds. So I've stayed bundled up inside while DH has worked hard clearing snow. After our big December storm DH got a cold from being outside. Now after this weekend's storm he has another worse cold. And yet again he must go out and clean snow today and tonight as we approach another six inches on top of our 24" from last weekend. It's supposed to continue snowing all day so we'll see what our final total is.

I've renamed Baby Bean Thumper. In the begining the little movements felt like popcorn, now they feel like little thumps. They're growing more and more frequent and each time I can't help but smile. The other day at work a good friend of mine came to see me in my office and Thumper went wild!! Our little one has never had such a reaction to anyone and it was so much fun to feel!! Even more of a reaction than to the buffalo chicken strips. Every night I still look for that reassuring thump-thump-thump-thump and little Thumper's heart is sounding stronger than ever. So until we find out if Thumper is our little boy or our little girl(please, please, please let it be next Thursday) and we reveal the name we've chosen I'll refer to our little one as Thumper.

8 comments:

  1. Thats awesome, I'm so happy for you guys. Cant wait to hear whether its a girl or boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Thumper, like the rabbit in Bambi! Me likey. Very cute.

    Snow is falling outside my window right now but it's not cold enough to stick. Shoveling blows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about all the snow but glad you get to feel all that movement. I am still waiting (rather impatiently)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Thumper! And mmmm, buffalo chicken strips...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Thumper is super cute :) I love it! And girl, ya'll need a shovel! LOL. That is just toooo funny :) The beauty of living in the city where you don't have to shovel, huh?

    Very excited for a potential gender reveal next week. I scheduled mine for 2/27 and it can't come SOON enough :)

    Have fun in Vegas! I hope you can get a flight out of this snow hell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother in law was just showing me a live cam of DC... That's crazy, girlie! I hope your hubby doesn't get sick anymore. Oh! And it's so weird that you mentioned the "thumping" 'cause I just felt a couple today. lol. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Hope you're staying safe with all the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thumper is so cute! Thanks for your comment. It makes me feel a lot better that I am not the only crazy here that finds things to worry about. Ughh!! The stories people tell you! I want to just yell at them, "Why would you tell me that!?!" Also the horrid birthing stories! Why do women insist on tell me their worse case scenerio story? It's cruel! :O)

    ReplyDelete