Thursday, March 18, 2010

Twenty-two hello to you...

Today was my 22 week prenatal visit. We got the results from our 20 week ultrasound, which by the way we received a letter in the mail about a week or two ago that in one sentence stated the results were normal. After an hour and a half of measuring and looking I get a one sentence note that say sonogram results normal. Pretty annoying. So I was glad my doctor gave me a printed copy of the actual report at the visit today. According to the measurements he was measuring 21 weeks. I was technically 20 weeks and my doctor thought I was 19 weeks 2 days. I finally realized that she is calculating my due date based on my embryo transfer and not my retrieval, so that's why she's five days off. However LD seems to think both of us could be wrong. He's measuring with a 7/12 due date. At any rate he'll come when he's ready so the due date doesn't matter much. I've been worried about gaining weight as I started out the pregnancy barely 110 pounds. Today I was 128 and my doctor actually told me I need to kick the carbs to the curb. She has no idea who she's dealing with. I live for carbs. I'm from North Dakota, comfort carb food capital of the world. My day revolves around pasta, bread, and potatoes(a starch I know, but carbs as well). I was so sad when she called me out and said no more white bread, white pasta, or white rice. No white potatoes either she added. Right now hunks of meat make me ill. I've never, ever, ever been a veggies kinda gal. Before pregnancy I would have broccoli occasionally, but since I've been pregnant it turns my tummy. I've added V8 Fusion to my diet in an attempt to increase my fruit and veggie intake, but it has also led to more carbs as I have more room in my tummy to eat real food when I'm drinking my fruits and veggies. Those days are coming to an end. Good-bye mashed potatoes, my only real pregnancy craving(besides the chocolate cake last week). Oh my favorite meal of the day is dessert and I guess my cookies, cakes, and pies are no-nos now too. :( I've been planning to invest in a blender to make milk shakes with fresh fruit and I guess this is the talking to I needed to invest in the blender. LD looked amazing today!! It was incredible because for the first time when he moved on screen I felt those movements in my tummy!!