Parenting A Fabulous Toddler After A Struggle With Infertility and Pregnancy Loss
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Word-plosion and What We've Been Up To...
I knew LD's explosion of language was coming and it has now happened. I love it!! I love listening to all the silly things he says and trying to figure out what the heck he means. I'm still waiting for him to say I love you but we're working on it. He shared a fun cough with me so for the last few weeks we've been keeping things low-key and haven't been to playgroup. We hosted this week and it was like someone let a caged animal out. Poor little guy had missed his friends and playing with them so much. He hugged each of them on arrival, and just kept hugging them periodically as if to be sure they really were here playing. He also had so much pent up energy he scared a few of them with his antics. He had his first seriously official tantrum last week. It was full blown screaming, crying, kicking, throwing toys for a good 25 minutes. He's reached an age where Daddy travelling for work actually has an impact on him. The tantrum came a few days into Dad's most recent work trip. It was followed by 2-3 more tantrums before Dad's trip ended. Since Dad's been back LD's been on his best behavior.
His newest loves are Thomas the Train and his stuffed Woody from Toy Story doll. He loves to watch Word World and Mommy needs to be better about limiting the TV time. Thankfully the weather is cooling off and it looks like we'll be able to hit up the playgrounds again to burn off some of his endless energy. As Mommy gets fatter and fatter it's much more difficult to keep up with his two year old energy level.
When he had his cough we took him to see the doctor. For the first time since pretty much his second appointment ever he was calm and cooperative during the appointment. He was the last one the doctor saw for the day and I think she truly enjoyed how friendly and attentive he was. What should have been a short appointment stretched out as she let him play with the doctor tools and gadgets and in the end let him pick out stickers. It was such a relief to have him calm during an appointment. I refused to bring him by myself because before it really took two of us. One had to hold him and take him out of the room, screaming, while the other stayed behind to talk to the doctor. This appointment all three(or four really :)) of us stayed in the room and the doctor was actually able to examine him. He's been coming to my OB appointments with me and I was hoping that would help him see doctors aren't mean. Whatever led to the change it was very welcome.
It's incredible to see my little man growing up. He's so smart and curious and funny and oh so many other great things. I am so thankful and blessed to have him in my life!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so cute he hugged his friends!!! You are seriously lucky he's just now throwing his first tantrum. I am definitely jealous. My Liam mastered it LONG ago, although he doesn't usually throw things :)
ReplyDeleteThat sucks about the cough. Summertime is no fun to be sick, and pregnant too? Yuck. Glad you're all on the mend.
^^ agreed about the tantrums! one day blain screamed hysterically for a cummulative time of 3 hours. no joke. i about died. you don't know how lucky you are!!
ReplyDeleteI took Matthew in for his 18 month check up and the dr mentioned that he should really be saying more words than just 'mommy' and 'Abbey'. She suggested we see a speach therapist if we wanted too. I decided to hold off on it because I feel like he's slowly picking up more words. I figure I'll wait until he turns 2 (in 5 months) and then see if he'll have a word-plosion! LOL.
ReplyDeleteWe tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I knew we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. I and My Husband give a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situaton.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflamatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Herpes Virus.
ReplyDelete