Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Totally Two...

I'm such a bad Mommy blogger. I have become an absent Mommy blogger. I'm not capturing these moments that are flying by at seemingly warp speed and I already regret it. Years from now I'll beat myself up even more when I can't remember when a first this or that happened and I failed to keep my blog up to date to document those things. LD is 2 now!! Two. I have a two year old. It blows my mind. As I was going through clothes to prepare for our new little brother I couldn't believe LD was ever that small. He is such a typical two year old now. He wants his independence and he wants everything NOW. He doesn't have two word sentences down yet but he communicates just fine without. We had him evaluated at 20 months and he was only behind in expressive speech, everything else he was on target or ahead in so the therapists feel he will catch up. His vocabulary has exploded since his eval so I know any day now he will begin full sentences as though he was born speaking them. He loves animals. Dogs, cats, horses, deer, anything with fur makes him happy. He loves his train table and his many, many, many trains. He is the most friendly, outgoing toddler ever. Really. People tell me all the time they have never seen such a friendly kid. He is big on blowing kisses to everyone, strangers included. He has amazing manners for a two year old often saying please and thank you without prompting. He has his tantrums too. His newest bad habits are punching and kicking. Not Mommy's favorite activities. He sleeps like a champ. Goes to bed without fuss at 8pm, sometimes stays up talking to himself until 9 or so. He wakes up about 7am for some milk in a sippy and entertains himself in his crib for another hour or so. He naps from after lunch until 4-5pm every day. I say he's making up for the no naps for the first 15 months!! :) He eats like a typical two year old. One day he likes it, the next he won't touch it. He will go for days just picking at things and then absolutely gorge himself the next few days. Everything about being his Mom is amazing. I'm so proud of him. I know he's going to be an amazing big brother too. He already talks about the baby. This update is really far too short to cover my months long absence but LD's awake from nap now and calling for his "Mama", such a sweet sound that still causes my heart to skip a beat every time I hear it. I'll leave you with a picture. We were checking to see if he had outgrown his travel carseat as we have a trip in a few weeks. The seat was in the house so I didn't tighten the harness as much as I do when he's in the car. This little guy lights up my life!!


8 comments:

  1. What a sweet boy!! He really sounds like a good toddler. I can't believe he naps for that long! How did you teach him to be so polite without being prompted?!

    Just too adorable. He will be such a good big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwhh! i love hearing how his personality is unfolding! what a little cutie! happy birthday, LD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. L naps for that long on the weekends when he's home too. It is SO AWESOME, we are well aware! That's awesome he's so polite; I love it!
    And liking a food for one day and then not the next? And picking for days? Yep. To a T. He also has no patience and wants everything NOW. I'm glad to hear another toddler has some of the same 'quirks'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like he's doing fantastic...plus he's so adorable =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAIIIITTT!! WHATTTTT? You are living the urban legend of surprise pregnancy? Update , please!!! COngratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet, beautiful boy! I can't believe that's the little baby in the picture on the right! How did he grow up so fast?

    How are you feeling? I'm soooo excited for you! Thank you so much for coming by and sending good wishes my way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,

    ReplyDelete
  8. We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I knew we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. I and My Husband give a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situaton.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflamatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Herpes Virus.

    ReplyDelete