Saturday, September 29, 2012

Big Boy Bed...

I swore that I wouldn't move LD out of his crib until he was ready. He didn't nap until like 18 months and around that time he started taking 4+ hour naps. He's always been a great overnight sleeper, like 12+ hours. Why would I want to mess up something so good? Even when I found out I was pregnant I swore we weren't going to move LD to the big boy bed. LD slept in our room in his co-sleeper until 8-9 months. So I figured by the time CJ was ready to move to the crib LD would be ready to move. LD never tried to climb out, but he would put his feet up like he was going to climb out when I would read story in his room before nap or at night. Somehow I started worrying he'd decide to climb out of his crib. Probably because I worry about everything. And once I get something in my head I start to lose sleep over it. So this week we took the side of his crib off. Great time to do it since he was sick, right? And we had company. We took him to the zoo on Wednesday and skipped nap. I was hoping to really tire him out so he wouldn't resist the change. It worked. He slept normally Wednesday night. Thursday and Friday were great too. I was shocked. I was totally expecting things to be crazy. The change did force me to start getting up earlier, but I don't think that's probably such a bad thing. Though with less than 10 weeks until the new squishy arrives I probably should be storing up as much sleep as I can. Who really needs to sleep in until 9 everyday? :) Today was our first problem day. He decided to play instead of nap. We have a gate at his door so he can't get out, but DH said he did open his door and yell and fuss for a while before going and playing with his trains. He must sense some weakness in DH. All week when Mom was in charge there was no funny business at naptime. I'm not doing any victory dances and I realize we could be dealing with some issues as time goes on, but overall I'm surprised at how the transition has gone.

Thanks for all the suggestions and responses to the last post about being sick constantly and the visit to the ER. He is on probiotics. I started those a few weeks ago. I need to figure out if there's a good multi-vitamin for 2 year olds too, if anyone has any recommendations. He's still got a cough, but it is not croupy. I guess we'll take another week off from playgroup and hopefully he'll feel better next week.

5 comments:

  1. Happy the transition is going so well! We haven't started it yet...makes me nervous. We give our DD (28 months) takes a Flintstones multi vit and three gummy DHA's a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh~ The big boy bed! How exciting. I am sure that beats the worrying about climbing out of the crib.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are hoping to make the transition soon since Matthew has climbed out of his crib. I really want to keep him in the crib as long as I can, but it's time to make the transition since he got his leg caught in there while trying to climb out!

    I'm so glad your little guy had such a smooth transition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I knew we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. I and My Husband give a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situaton.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflamatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Herpes Virus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I knew we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. I and My Husband give a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situaton.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflamatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Herpes Virus.

    ReplyDelete