The transition to the big boy bed has been rocky. I recommend waiting as long as you can before making that leap if you have a good sleeper otherwise. LD does well at night but his naps have truly suffered. His 4-5 hour daily afternoon naps have turned into a much more sporadic event. He naps every 3-4 days for a few hours at most. Not only does this make Mommy resting more difficult it makes for a much crankier two year old. He has fallen out of bed a few nights. It's quite a loud and disturbing sound but he usually sleeps right through it. We'll go in to put him back in bed and he's crawled halfway into bed already by the time we get there still fully asleep. We are planning to get his mattress in December when DH is home on paternity leave. There's no way I can move a full mattress by myself pregnant, or post-partum. The plan is to start with it on the floor since he keeps rolling off his bed. Hopefully that transition will go ok.
We went to a local fall festival and LD got to pick out his very own pumpkin. He had a blast on the hayride and playing on all the toys they had to play on. It was pretty crowded and trying to keep up with him was a bit difficult as I'm pretty big now. But he had a blast!! On the way out they had created a pumpkin walkway that you picked your pumpkin from. LD tested a few before finding the perfect "big, heavy" one. :)
He is more than ready for his brother to be here. He asked me yesterday when the baby would be coming out to play. He can't wait to play peekaboo and blocks with him. DH and I are so excited for the moment they meet. For now and until the baby arrives I'm focusing on doing my best to make his last weeks as an "only" fun filled and lavish him with attention.

Thanks for the advice on the big boy bed. I think we are leaning toward just buying another crib since A will only be 20 months when the new addition gets here.
ReplyDeleteHe's adorable, BTW!
I couldn't agree more on the big boy bed thing. L used to nap for 3-4 hours on the weekends, and now we're lucky to get an hour. Someone has to lie down with him to get him to sleep, so the whole process is a drawn-out ordeal. He also gets out of bed every night now in the middle of the night and comes to our bed. We have been told to not really push it these days though, with the stress of the new babies on him, etc. He was Super Sleeper before, and we totally messed with that. I wish we would have just waited.
ReplyDeleteHe found the perfect pumpkin =) Great pic. Hope the big bed transition gets easier.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear he's been so sick. I hope he is feeling better. Especially in time to meet his brother; what an exciting time coming up!
ReplyDeleteMy mom recently asked me when I am moving C to a crib and I told her never if possible. But seriously, I will wait until she is 3 or almost 3. And now I know that will come before another occupant needs the crib anyway! She is such a good sleeper that I am not trying to mess that up!
My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,
ReplyDeleteWe tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I knew we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. I and My Husband give a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situaton.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflamatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Herpes Virus.
ReplyDelete