Friday, October 15, 2010

Christmas Gift...

It's almost time for another Christmas and I never shared what my amazing DH got me last Christmas. Last year DH, smiling from ear to ear, handed me a tiny jewelery box. I've never been a big jewelery fan, but since meeting DH every piece of jewelery he's given me has been just perfect. Nestled inside that tiny box was a ring. The ring contains three birthstones. In my heart I knew what those three birthstones represented but I looked at him questioningly anyway. He simply said, "They are our babies too, we can never forget them." The ring contained the birthstones of our first two babies and also LD's birthstone. While I loved it and hearing DH say what he said was beyond words, something about wearing that ring before Little Dude got here felt jinxy. I was barely past where we'd lost the other babies in my pregnancy and I was still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Still worried something terrible was going to happen. Now as I'm typing this I'm watching our little miracle talk to his Very Hungry Caterpillar toy and I know I am so very lucky. Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. I'm remembering our little angels while celebrating our great victory. I'm also celebrating the birth of LD's cousin whose Mommy & Daddy spent 3 years battling IF and have 3 angel babies. Welcome to the world sweet girl. To all those who've experienced the unfair, inexplicable, and often unspoken loss of a pregnancy or baby today is our day to remember those sweet souls who were too pure for this world.

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing way to remember and celebrate your angels and baby!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you hugs today - thanks for the beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete